Conrad Heatsinks...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ordered heatsinks September 13th for an SKA project to convert a dead Kenwood KR-9600 to a MOSFET amp (thought it would be cool), but since I wasn't in a hurry I had them send 'surface'. They still haven't shown up. And I can't seem to get a response from Conrad (I politely asked if this is a typical delivery time, or if there may be a problem, but so far no reply).

Anyone else in the States order from them? How long did it take?

Well, I got a reply this morning. To the US, surface shipment is 10 to 12 weeks.

It must get strapped to the back of an ailing sea turtle.

I chose the shipping method, so no faulting Conrad, but I guess I didn't realize that it really really is going to take that long. I cannot fathom a transportation medium that is honestly that slow.

Sorry to hear that. Truely "snail mail".
Maybe the much reduced carbon pollution of sea transport over air is a small consolation.

On the radio last week the New Zealand PM was addressing UK public's concerns over the carbon footprint of imported foods. NZ supplies a lot of dairy products and lamb to the UK. The PM claimed that the carbon footprint of NZ lamb was one quarter of that of UK lamb even including shipping it from the other side of the planet! The PM cited better efficiency of the NZ lamb rearing process.

I had to wait that long for Fischer heatsinks from Germany all the way to South Africa. I don't think its just the shipping that takes long, but everything that is involved with that!

Anyway, I would've imagined that you can get any flavour heatsink in the States at good prices?!?

Any problems through customs?

wwood said:
I have purchased Conrad heat sinks with no problems. Had them shipped via air and received them within 7 days. Even with air shipping they are a great price.

Yes, shipping via land and sea does take that long, it is not a customs issue.

Bill

I am considering ordering some h-sinks from Conrad...did they go through customs or they came straight to you address?

I have order other electronic components from down under and they have gotten straight to my address with no issues...I am wondering if this h-sinks will be the same or not?
Thanks for any inputs.
Groov

I was not in a hurry (and in reality I still am not), and the difference in shipping costs was quite significant, so surface it was.

As far as finding decent heatsinks in the States, no. Only in quantities. Most places won't deal with the little guy who just wants a few small parts...you have to be ready to accept a truckload, and spend thousands to get anyone's attention.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.