WIKI archive for important and historic articles?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After starting a couple of threads over the last week or so asking for help with finding old application notes and design articles, it occured to me that maybe some sort of repository for historically important articles, application notes, AES papers etc could be worth persuing....?
There have been various "land mark" moments in the history of hifi, pioneers that have led us all to where we are today. I'm talking about things like, for example, patents and app notes for the first triode valves, the first marketable transistors, DTN Williamsons KT66 class A amp from 1948 (I think it was '48), beam power tetrode valves, Hafler and others work on ultra-linear, RCA app notes on early Lin topologys, later RCA stuff on silicon power transistor direct coupled amps, the JLH 10 Watt amp, Hitachi's app notes on first MOSFET amps, Paul Voight's 1930's loudspeakers, Peter Walkers current dumping articles, Matti Otalla's work etc, etc ,etc......I could go on for some time but I'm sure you all know what I mean here ;)
Many of these articles ARE easily available from the internet, but I was amazed to find that a lot of articles which are often quoted and referenced (how often have you seen "it's just another rip off the old RCA app notes" or something similar, being said about some particular amplifier? Have they, or you, actually read said app note?) are NOT available. I am sure they can be found in the libraries of universities and in countless private collections and industrial archives but it would be nice if they were all available in one place for users of this site to access
:cool:
Now I'm not volunteering to do this....most of the vast amount of articles etc that I have are either allready on the internet or copyrighted, but, if this was done on the WIKI with contributions from many people.....see what I'm getting at?....or would it be impractical due to storage capacity?
Just an idea.

Oh well if the bandwidth is not there then thats that ....
I'm slightly surprised at the general lack of interest though I must say :xeye: Bit of a tumble weed rolls across deserted street moment there :dead:
I suppose one shouldn't suggest something if not willing to be the hub of it.....but I really do not have access to any stuff that is genuinely not available easily elsewhere. (nor do I have the time)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.