Please comment on this amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Marito said:
Thank you AndrewT and lineup, but...sorry...I am a beguinner in mosfet amps, please explain to me in that consists the Vbe around the P2 (what kind of transistor, and the values of resistances)
AndrewT said:
Marito wants spoon fed.
Do we accomodate?

I am not, is anyone one else willing?
Marito said:
Please guys!!, I continue waiting for my spoon of fed, don´t let me alone, please, please.....PLEASE!

Marito, dear

What AndrewT means is you are just sitting like a very little Child
with you mouth open, waiting for mummy, mother to come put food into you.

It looks a bit better, don't you think
if somebody says:
- I have used my calculator with Ohm's Law
and now I have changed Resistor A to 517 Ohm.

My friends, is 517 Ohm a good value here?
Thanks.

-------------------------------------------

This way people can see you are a fighter.
You try as good as you can! ;)

In this life, not many persons, grown ups. adults,
can just sit down and wait for somebody give them food. every day.
Everybody has got to work for it - at least in some little way.
Or we will be soon be no more. ( dead )

Regards
lineup

Hermano, hay los buenos y los malos...we have good and bad in this life

You will always find gentleman alike Lineup, my old enemie...now a good friend.

If lineup perceive you need that spoon he will try to give you and may sing a song to you to sleep.

There are others that did not had love in their lives.... the ones that learn that life is hard, people is bad, and murphy law is our destiny..nice sandpaper souls abandoned inside an Universe black hole.

Only having the tender touch experience to understand those things you explained Lineup...you are trying to teach someone to have a warm heart..... a heart is needed to be warm.

You are nice Lineup....Marito is welcome, and i ensure that you may find more guys alike lineup in this forum....sandpapper is hard and exception.

Long life to Lineup!

regards,

Carlos

And i will listen one more amplifier this morning

That's wonderfull.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• img_3463a.jpg
    img_3463a.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 612
Thank you guys!!!, but...I´m not looking for a lesson of life, I only pretend a brief explanation like AndrewT, Lineup and the others make here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92301&highlight= for pudge667...Why for him yes and not for me?
Even Ilimnz quote:
Yes it MUST be improved, the bias current generator (single trim pot) is DANGEROUS, if any IRF or IRFP part is used. It would work with something like a 2SJ162/2SK1058 pair but that will be very expensive (~110KN for each pair).
In fact, this schematic has been developed to use the 2SJ162/2SK1058 LATERAL MOSFETs and (pardon my language) some idiot has simply replaced the labeling with IRFxxx, and now it keeps popping up allover he internet. Whoever has done so has no idea anout how what type of MOSFET works. Vertical MOSFETs (like IRFxxx) must be temperature compensated or will spontaneously increase their bias current as they heat up until something goes up in smoke.
To fix this, and use IRF parts, you need tio do the following:
Remove R11 from the schematic.
Buy the following parts:
1) IRF510, 520, 610 or even another IRF530, call it Q10
2) One 2.5k trim pot, instead of R11
3) Two 1.2k resistors, call them R19 and R20
Replace R11 with the above, connected as follows:
1) Drain of Q10 and one end of R19 to collector of Q6 (and other components on schematic)
2) Gate of Q10 to other end of R19 and counter-clockwise side of R11 trimmer
3) Source of Q10 to clockwise side of R11 trimmer and colelctor of Q7 (and other components that conenct to it in the original schematic)
4) R20 between counter-clockwise side of R11 trimmer and wiper (middle pin) of R11 trimmer.
Initially put the trimmer in fully counter-clockwise position. This will put the idle current of the output transistors at zero. Turning clockwise will increase it to the desired current, this will still be between 50-150mA.
5) Q10 MUST be mounted on the same heatsink and in close proximity to the output transistors Q8 and Q9, because it must be at the same temperature.

Also, to prevent gate destruction f the IRF MOSFETs at overcurrent:
Get two zener diodes, 5.6-6.2V (small size is fine)
Connect the diodes in series (A of the first to K of the second)
Connect the free K lead of this series combination to gate of IRF530, the free A lead to the gate of IRF9530, and the middle joint of the two zeners to the output of the amplifier (joined sources of the IRF530 and 9530).
Again, this is needed because the original 2SJ162/2SK1058 for which the schematic was made, have internal zeners, but IRFxxx do not, so they must be added outside.

If something like this is a lot to request, sorry I don´t disturb any more.
For the fed no problem...I eat the best meat and red wines of the entire world!!!
Cheers

Ps. Hi destroyer X, thank you for your understanding, "estos gringos suelen ser a veces, terribles..."

also get rid of c3 and c4, and use a DC servo with a seperate feedback loop for DC you only need 1 op amp, a couple of caps and 4 or 5 resistors. it takes up very little real estate, and you can add an offset pot if you really want one without disturbing the diff amp (LTP).

Marito said:
Thank you guys!!!, but...I´m not looking for a lesson of life,
I only pretend a brief explanation

I see.
Let us stay on topic.
(but if someone grown up even ASKS for
to be spoon fed,
maybe he can have use for some advice, about reality in life)

About we give lessons for others, but not for you?
Answer:
Who told you life is fair?
There are plenty of in-justice, even here in forum.
And my guess, is that the attitude the questioneer shows plays a role.
Do we like beggers?
No, not those that beg, when they can do something self.
I would not like to see rich or half rich people sitting beg in my city.
Let those that are really poor do the begging.
:)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

About amplifier.
IRF530 / IRF9530 is pretty good MOSFET pair.
TO-220 is easy to work with and heatsink.
If you do not need too much power, I can really recommend them.
Because in parameters 530/9530 is good complementary: N-MOS P-MOS.
Even better than several other such IRFxxxx pairs.

Else I think AndrewT can tell more about this amplifier.
If you ask him right and he has not other topics he wants to think more about.
I am not very specially interested in this one.
Sorry!

Regards
lineup

Ryssen said:

So are there many beggers in your town?:xeye: :eek:

Nor very many,
but i live not in big city, with many homeless people.
But later years the numbers of homeless persons has increased,
even though we live in a very rich country - in compare with most people in world.
How about in your town?

About Marito here in this topic:
Better beg for knowledge (about amplifiers) than for money.
With some knowledge or skill, you may make your own money ...

lineup :) dom finns i närheten av systembolaget, tiggande

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.