Need spindle motor for Panasonic DVD player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Joe,
That's interesting. Panasonic normally makes reliable products.

The spindle motors come from other manufacturers. I once bought some Mabuchi motors. When they arrived it was clear they were Chinese copies. It was the distributor that was responsible, even though they were listed under the proper part number.

Bearings don't go bad that fast either, so those motors where junk to start with. I'll bet that same motor is used by many makes.

-Chris

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I have the Panny DVD-RV35 (I think) and it's running fine after a few years (sounds great on Digital out btw).

I did had a problem with the Panny DVD-E50 (recordable DVD player) - had an issue with the mainboard circuit shorting out - So I bought an identical broken one off ebay for $16 and before I could swap the part (mainboard) I realized there was a DVD stuck in it. I removed it and it worked fine. So I sold my original broken one on ebay and got $22 for it. Cripes!

Panny usually makes good stuff...I would just pick up a DVD-RV35 (or another newer model) and try that route...

Joe,

where did you buy the spindle motor?
Did you get it directly from panasonic?
I replaced a lot of spindle motor for dvdrv31 in our
service center but i never had a problem so far.
sometimes the spindle drive also goes bad.
Does it give you an error? did you go to the test mode?
How many hours does it show on the testmode before it fail?
anyway, I was kinda surprise with that because the part number that you use is already the latest one and still fail :)

dce

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.