yamaha mx-1000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently purchased my mx-1000 second hand from the first owner. The sound is fabulous, power all over the place. I bought it cheap since the LCD power level meters seems to be broken, and since the rest of the amp is extremely well preserved (no dust, rust, or any sign of deterioration) The red backlights still work but the LCD is not functioning. Is this an easy problem to fix? Are there replacement parts? Could it be the chip controlling the LCD? For anybody who is interested I do have the manual of this amp in digital format.

Yamaha MX-1000

I recently purchased my mx-1000 second hand from the first owner. The sound is fabulous, power all over the place. I bought it cheap since the LCD power level meters seems to be broken, and since the rest of the amp is extremely well preserved (no dust, rust, or any sign of deterioration) The red backlights still work but the LCD is not functioning. Is this an easy problem to fix? Are there replacement parts? Could it be the chip controlling the LCD? For anybody who is interested I do have the manual of this amp in digital format.
The MX-1000 display is Very Delicate!!!!! Never drop the amp, even a few inches. BTDT & I paid to repair the display.

Yes, the Amp will still work Wonderfully, with a Dead Display. Yes, it's an easy prob. to fix. If you can afford an MX-1000, you can afford to replair the display.

I'm running 5x MX-1000's. I've had 2 of the displays repaired.

MLStrand56

The MX-1000 display is Very Delicate!!!!! Never drop the amp, even a few inches. BTDT & I paid to repair the display.

Yes, the Amp will still work Wonderfully, with a Dead Display. Yes, it's an easy prob. to fix. If you can afford an MX-1000, you can afford to replair the display.

I'm running 5x MX-1000's. I've had 2 of the displays repaired.

MLStrand56

I have one MX-1000 with displays out. Was your repair to the display board? My symptoms are the left and right meters don't display anything and neither does the digital display. The center part of the meter backlighting works.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.