Why is different type of transistor use in left/right channel?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

My amp is broken down and when I check inside, I found that the power transistor Sankan c3856 is blown - no physical damage but when I check with a meter, there is no resistance between the 3 legs. Luckily, I found some parts in a local store that sell them in pairs. But I want to know why use two different type of Sankan transistors for each channel:
2sa1492/2sc3856 for left channel
2sa1294/2sc3623 for right channel

I check in Sankan site and notice that the a1492/c3856 pair is the single emitter type and the a1294/c3623 pair is the LAPT type. Can anybody enlighten me on the advantage of such configuration. Shouldn't both channel be identical???

Also, should I match the replacement transistors?

Thanks.

...Chuck

:D

As I thought. I guess I'll have to use A1294 for both channel. It is too bad I can't buy matched pairs of transistor here.
However, I found something else is wrong of the channel with the blown transistor. One resister is fried and some low signal diode is zapped. I'll replace them as see what happens.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.