Current feedback in class A amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I m new in this forum and already have a question for U.

I am interested in everything concerning the current feedback to try that in a home made single ended class A design.

If you have any link/info/schematics about that kind of stuff, it could really be great.

Thanks,
Marc.
PS : I think that it s human, once you ve listened to the Accuphase amplifiers, you tried to get your thing close to it 8))))))) And one secret of the Accuphase sound might be the current feedback.

Marco

I am a little confused as to what exactly you want since the Accuphase amps are not single ended. However, I suggest you have a look at my site (use the link button on the bar below). Here you will find the JLH 15W Class-A which is a single-ended current feedback design.

You will also find two Jean Hiraga current feedback amps. The 20W Class-A has a topology very similar to that of the Accuphase (though slightly simpler and without the dc servo).

Another possibility is John Curl's JC-3 (published in Audio Amateur 2/1981). This circuit is also very similar to the Accuphase though it uses an FET input stage instead of bipolar. Unfortunately I cannot remember the URL of the site at which I found the schematic, but a search should reveal it eventually. If not, email me and I will send you the schematic.

From my extensive searches, there are not many current feedback Class-A designs available on the web, though I will admit that I have excluded any with MOSFET output stages due to personal preferences. As you like the Accuphase, you may feel the same way since these amps use a bipolar output stage.

Geoff

<a href="http://www.diymania.net/pass/project.htm">DIY Audio Projects</a> includes a <a href="http://www.diymania.net/pass/project/CF-Power.htm">Current Feedback Power Amp</a> with lotsa links.

<center><font size="+1" color="#0000a0" face="fantasy">Regards
James</font>
</center>

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.