Schematic of Hi-End

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
PMA,
Thanks.

Michael,

to be honest with you, looking at all your so far 20 posts on diya I don't think you will have any luck here around just collecting schematics, good luck!
I didn't collect schematics. I try find amp for myself. I know two engineer from Russia who can interpritate schematic for me. So I find on forums post about intresting amp, then I try find schematic of them. Some references are found. And some member from this can help me find schematics that not avaible in internet.
English know not very well.
Thaks for honest.

wbr, Taifun

Taifun,

the amplifiers you are looking schematics for are as far apart in design, parts and philosophy as can be, i can not imagine knowing an engineer can help you.

The Plinius is like an oldfashioned Krell, but with very modern parts like 16 Sanken ring-emitter output devices per channel.
The SA-250 is a Class A design up to about 50 watts in 8 Ohms, switched in Class A it dissipates +500 watts.

The MBL is a German philosophy design, the only A3000 power amplifier i am familiar with is by T&A. Both companies use the opamp entry approach with very fast Analog Devices opamps. The German amplifier school stands for very high slewrates relying on a lot of NFB. This is very different in comparison to Mark Levinson and Plinius.

Building something like these designs can cost $500-$1000 per channel, depending on your resources. That is something you should do if you really enjoy building amplifiers. Buying secondhand is more reliable and a whole lot easier.

My idea was also if you do get hold of the schematics, how are you going to get the parts. A good idea is to search for something used or build something new, easy or more complicated but in your case I'll imagine you should start with something easy. An amp based on LM3886 or LM3875 is a cheap and fast way to get pretty good sound quality. You could also buy a class D module like www.hypex.nl

Gamut

Attachments

• gamut1.jpg
    gamut1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,760
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.