NAD 3020A schematics or parts list

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all! I try to restore one beautifull for me NAD 3020 A. I have for the moment the NAD3020 schematics from Geoff Moss and the NAD3020E schematics from edl,but my amplifier is different.I post a picture of my 3020A.I have NEED of any correct parts list or correct schematics for 3020A ,because for the moment I have only one very clear PCB without many orriginal parts.If I can help with any information will be great.I want restore my amp like new,but I have this very big problem may be from 5-6 days and I can`t work with the amp in future without any information.
Thank`s!

Attachments

• 3020a1.jpg
    3020a1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 3,446
I know,because Mr Google say me,but I can`t buy this manual ,because I can`t pay it from Bulgaria or because this site can`t ship for me in my country.I know more online shops with this manual but I can`t buy it from my country :whazzat:
Guys I want only any simple schematics or the parts list. I know that anyone can help me with this ,but may be for $.
If anyone have a heart of gold in the our board I know that can help me and can`t stop waiting this salvage post:bigeyes:

Greetings from Norfolk

Is the PCB single sided, it appears so from the phot. If so, you could make a photo copy of the trackwork, and then draw in the components, then develope the circuit diagram from this.

I have done it a few times, and had near complete sucess.

Richard.

ZuMbAiU said:
Hi all! I try to restore one beautifull for me NAD 3020 A.
I have for the moment the NAD3020 schematics from Geoff Moss and the NAD3020E schematics from edl,
but my amplifier is different.
I post a picture of my 3020A.
I have NEED of any correct parts list or correct schematics for 3020A

Maybe planet10 can help you.
He has a lot of old stuff.
I wouldnt be surprised, if he had that version scheme.

Send him a message/mail or contact him via his website: http://www.t-linespeakers.org/

:)

Guys.,...the problem is there are many NAD3020-versions:

3020A
3020B
3020e
3020i

there are some differences between them, especially the phono stage (mm / mc), preamp .. impedance switch, mute switch mono switch or loudness switch..

I have found schematics of most of them .. .. but not for the 3020A ..

having just acquired a NAD3020A i would be highly interested in the NAD3020A(!) schematic

The NAD3020A features:

phono stage with MM/MC switch
loudness switch, mono switch (no ! mute switch)
no impedance switch
power indicator leds (1-5-10-20-35 Watt)

Who can help us?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
ZuMbAiU said:

Thanx to Apple incrasing storage space to a GB & the high demand for this, the NAD 3020 service manual now lives here

http://p10hifi.net/planet10/manuals/NAD_3020_ServiceManual.pdf

as mentioned there are quite a few versions of the 3020 -- this is the 1st one.

Also perhaps an aid is the 7020 manual

http://p10hifi.net/planet10/manuals/NAD7020early_servMan.pdf

the only references to the insides of a 3020A i have is this picture (shrunk to fit here -- i can mail a larger one if it will be useful)

dave

Attachments

• nad_comparess.jpg
    nad_comparess.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 2,895
Thx planet10 !
Could you send the large picture to t_schrama@hotmail.com ?

Looks like and interesting comparison.

BTW
I have the 3120 (simmilar to 3020B) schematic which also has the mm/mc switch like the 3020A which the early 3020 and the later 3020e or 3020i lacks.. but the preamp section is very different from the realy 3020 version .....maybe the 3020A is more like the 3120/3020B than like the early 3020 ?

Thanks Planet10.I have a good pictures of the 3020A PCB - 2048x1536 pixels. If I can help with this pictures?
And I think that my 3020A is more like the 3020B,but I can`t find any schematics with any connection with the A model.
When I think that I have any correct schematics I have many errors - I dump the old parts from my NAD and now I can`t find the correct parts for this PCB.:rolleyes:
Planet10 can you help with any 3020B schematics if you can`t help us with the 3020A schematics?
I don`t know but may be anyone in Vintage Audio Manuals can help us with any schematics in PDF files or may be only with the parts list gratis?I can try with 1-2 mails?
May be anyone can help me to come out of a dead-lock?
:bawling:

Hi Dave,
Sorry if I press you again, and many thanks for your response. From the communications between you and the other communities it were touched on that the cct schematic 3020A is the same as 3020B, but "explicitly" this is not so clear for me. Could you make me sure that those two are the same (from yourself as an expert)?. If it is not, I really need the cct schematic for the "A" type.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.