Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Meridian amp schematics ?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th November 2005, 09:56 AM   #1
cs is offline cs  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Meridian amp schematics ?

Does anyone have schematics of the early Meridian range of amplifiers, models 101, 103D and 105 ?

These are reputed to offer excellent sound quality, which is better than many modern designs.
Old 1st February 2006, 07:47 AM   #2
traw is offline traw  United States
diyAudio Member

Any luck finding schematics? I own a pair of 105's. Sound great. Problem is my pair is mismatched, each from a different iteration/generation. Power supplies pretty much identical, but one of the boards has a heatsink along botton and uses RCA transistors while the other relies solely on the case for heasinking and has motorola? transistors. Seems one amp is higher gain than the other... I see 2 potentiometers on the board. Curious is I could learn to bias them to same level. Or, somehow level match them. Shame because I love them, but the imbalance is noticeable and bothersome.
Old 18th February 2006, 05:29 PM   #3
jovan is offline jovan  Yugoslavia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to jovan
..I have two Meridian 105 mono blocks, in a perfect condition. I am full satisfied with their sound, and with their aestethics too.
Old 19th February 2006, 07:06 AM   #4
Leolabs is offline Leolabs  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Leolabs
Wonder is there anyone willing to "reverse engineer" the Meridians,so we can have a few schematics???
Old 20th February 2006, 07:19 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I took the cover off to refresh my memory... wish I had the patience to reverse engineer it into a schematic. half dozen small transistors with some having a star heatsink. A definitely hand made appearance to the pcbs - some jumper lines on topside with components and curvy lined etched traces below. Wonder what a 103 looks like inside... a quick check on voltage rails shows it's +/-52
Old 4th March 2006, 03:05 PM   #6
bluetomgold is offline bluetomgold  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Contact meridian by phone. They're very good at supplying schematics. Normally free of charge.
Old 26th March 2006, 01:14 AM   #7
Buzzwell is offline Buzzwell  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Meridian Schematics

Hi CS,

Did you get the schematics you were looking for? I emailed Boothroyd Stewart and they sent me a photocopy of the schematics for my amps. To tell you the truth I can't remember the model number but they are the two piece 100watt mono amps (brown colour). I'm at work right now, but when I get home I'l see if I can find the schematic and fax it or email it if I can get it scanned.

buzzwell
Old 26th March 2006, 01:21 AM   #8
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
Official Court Jester
diyAudio Member

if you scan it,you can mail it to me ,too........
chokyATneobee.net
TIA
Old 26th March 2006, 06:23 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Yeah, i'd like to have copy of that too. I emailed meridian as well but haven't received response. Maybe like mentioned above, I should call.
Old 28th March 2006, 10:39 PM   #10
Buzzwell is offline Buzzwell  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Meridian 105

I have a pair of 105s and I believe, I am having trouble with the bias as well. One of them heats up and after a soft pop, cuts out until it cools down again and kicks back in.
I have a schematic but not the knowledge to use it. I have just sent them in to a shop here in Vancouver to see if they can set them up. Mine have the heat sinks on the bottom (of both) as well. They have a number on paper tag on the bottom 1689 A and B. I have had them for about 15 years I would guess.

Meridian amp schematics ?Hide this!Advertise here!