JLH's "The Art of Linear Electronics"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
plovati said:
I cant'believe it!
I have one, if nobody nearest I can lend it. If i remind correctly was a gift from Elektor or National Semiconductor. There shold be lots around.
Mine is in good codition, like new (no pencil signs, no warpage of paper).

Hard to imagine that JLH's estate doesn't have a copy, but
I got the request from Ed Dell at AudioXpress. If you can lend
him a copy or even a photostat, he would be grateful, and we
would see the book back in print.

you can email him at ed@audioxpress.com

:cool:

Hi,
I have second edition 1998.
I think it went to at least third edition.
Surely Newnes Butterworth-Heinemann are the people to approach since they published it first time around?

Very definately one to BUY and read and if possible understand.
A good complement to Doug Self since their approaches are quite different but they have some common ground.

This is just slightly "off topic" but it is probably an appropriate thread place to post this sort of request. Geoff Moss (UK) runs the definitive JLH Class A site and he has been attempting to get a decent/complete bilbliography of JLH's published material. I guess if you own his books or know of his work you may have other articles that he wrote. If you are familiar with JLH's work you might drop in on Geoff's site and see if you can fill in some of the gaps. You'll also be surprised at how much he wrote and the variety of topics he addressed (weighing devices!). In his obituary mention was made of his contribtuions to SW/ Ham journals. So far these have not turned up and requests to editors haven't been very fruitful:any "Hams" out there with back issues?

http://www.tcaas.btinternet.co.uk/ should do it or just put "Class A amp" in Google and it will come up. You'll find the "The published articles of John Linsley Hood" towards the bottom of Geoff's home page.

Nelson Pass-
"
JLH's "The Art of Linear Electronics" Post #1
AudioXpress would like to reprint JLH's book, "The Art of Linear
Electronics" but needs to find a copy.

Anyone out there got one we can borrow?

"

Hi Mr Pass Ive read the second edition of that book and i have to say it is all basic stuff such as: active/ passive components, basics
of semicondictors/active devices, basic filters,oscillators af/rf
basic radio receiver, basic ps,batteries basic audio amps solid
and valve types etc not an advance book in my opinion most
of its content is wide range and basic, found also in a wide
variety of other books

I think if you want to read about amps the book to read is
DOUGLAS SELF basic AUDIO PWR AMP DESIGN HANDBOOK
it is basic but is a good book- in my opinion!

CHEERS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.