Luscious New Design!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
produce 2.4W while dissipating only 147W . . .

The give away that this posting was not meant seriously was primarily that the poster was Amplifierguru of whose views I have some inkling. If posted on certain other forums by certain other individuals or reviewed in certain publications (none of which I shall mention), I would have interpreted it as having not even a hint of irony or satire but as written in complete earnesness.

Indeed, for the first two sentences I thought he had simply gone gah gah like so many others. Truly, I was feeling something like the concluding scene of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" where the last survivor screams into the cammera, "RUN, YOU'RE NEXT!!"

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Greg guru,

This hearing aid idea is fantastic !

Imagine we have a pre-amp, a power amp and now a post amp. I have some really good ideas that I am currently investigating. I am talking to my mate Albert at the patents office who is going to try to fast track some of my brilliant enhancements. Funny man, this Albert, all he talks about is being caught in a feedback loop of the space-time continuum. Crazy. As soon as he gets his finger out I'll release my plans. Hint: It has something to do with a "golden ear" extension to the hearing aid, an exact replica of Mozart's ear or was that Beethoven or Van Gough, maybe celebrity ears. :D

Thanx Sam, you're too kind.

Hi Greg E,

Revelations abound. Your Albert sounds like just the sort of contact I could do with to protect my Luscious amplifier.

Just imagine the Luscious amplifier hearing aid with an external water cooled heatsink and thermocouples for Tsense and recharging the LI battery at night.

It only gets better

Greg B

The bootstrapped input is mentioned in Self's book but no mention of any sonic qualities. Should be interesting to try out.

I like the output coupling capacitor on the ground leg of the load.
If the outer layer of the cap is grounded ( -ve I think) it would keep it at zero potential and prevent any RF pick up. If RF pick up did create a problem on such a large capacitor, this scheme might be useful. Might be worth checking out .
Cheers.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Greg B

Maaate...I'm soooo sorry, what can I say, you weren't quick enough.

I've all ready got a patent on an almost identical amp – (now) called the "Absolutely Stupendous" amp. :D

I found hearing aids work best with lots of ear wax, you need a perfect seal. (pat pending) I was going to try bees wax but their ears are so small. :bawling: Candle wax is OK but difficult to install.

Love bootstraps :angel: Douglas Self wasn't overly impressed with the way bootstrap input measured, sort of implied it wasn't worth it, but true, he didn't say anything about how it sounded.

Greg E,

Bugger me, is there nothing new under the sun? you sure your mate Albert didn't backdate your patent when you saw the guru hovering? I guess I'll never know. Do you have a link to the "Absolutely Stupendous" amplifier to cry over?

If the truthn be told I was only going to release 100 such saviours of the human race from it's own excesses. Something so fundamental to the human race's survival obviously can't be shared by all!

Absolutely ashoh, your contributions are always of value! Hic.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
amplifierguru said:
Greg E,
****** me, is there nothing new under the sun? you sure your mate Albert didn't backdate your patent when you saw the guru hovering? I guess I'll never know. Do you have a link to the "Absolutely Stupendous" amplifier to cry over?

Yeah, here's the link. I still have a little work to do. ;) Don't hesitate to ask if you don't understand it, it's a little different.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=703745&stamp=1124087826

Yeah, Albert been working there since 1908, and is a little slow these days, but he passed me a photocopy of a new MOSFET amp, old ****** thought I was Greg B not Greg E. Anyway, I sent it to my mate in China. :bigeyes:

Hello, Guru

Base stoppers!

I really felt something was missing, old master Baxandall used them in tube grids, so there must have been a reason to it.

You really should try base stoppers!

Now, be carefull when adjusting the balance beteween them - untuned, and sound field coherence will be lost.
I would go to 0.1% tolerance resistors.

Greg !
I am quite disapointed.
You are only sharing half of the truth with us.
...feeling greenhorned... :bawling:
Even worse, -leading us to the wrong path.
I am sure your real proto is using germanium transistors.
Germanium! The hidden secret of the gurus.
Low gain and high leakage transform even simple designs to
unknown excellence. My special advice: Prefer the glass types rather than the metal encased ones. The metal does not allow the cosmic radiation to highlight the details. Uncoloured glass is outperforming here.
I simply cannot believe :headbash: that nobody noticed that!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.