UK/EU transformer manufacturers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know of a manufacturer of high quality high power toroidal power transformers (willing to supply custom models in small quantities, i.e 2-4) in the UK or EU?

I'm reluctant to add to the expected painful costs by going to Plitron or whoever and paying for shipping heavy weights across the Atlantic.

All suggestions welcome, thanks!

Jake

Claus - thanks, I think I've found a UK supplier now - thanks to your mention of microns, which was the search term I was missing..

Gordon - thanks, but I could only see output trafos, not power ones, on that website - should I presume from your reply that they do power ones on request?

Jason - thanks, I'd been there, but they seem to have a minimum custom order of 10 coupled with an anti-hobbyist message! Have you had more positive contact with them?

Thanks again, all.

Jake

Transformers

Jakeh,

Amplimo does deliver power toriods,
I have just recently bought 2 225VA 'of the shelf' to power my dual mono JLH design.

A data sheet was shipped with all the 'of the shelf' ratings up to 1000VA they supply and a phone-number for 'specials'.

They also supply Plitron LoNo series...

Jos

[Edited by dutch diy on 08-30-2001 at 05:35 PM]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.