Help - my Linn Majik IP Phono inputs are not working?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently bought a 2nd hand Linn Majik IP Integrated Amp and Linn Basik turntable to have a nice little Analog system, but I am having a problem - my MM Phono input is not working. Everything else on the Majik (inputs, outputs, amp section) works fine, and the turntable works great on my other system. Any ideas on what may be wrong?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

John

Are you sure you bought one with a phone input unit. They are sold with and without it. If it's without the phone board it can be used as an normal input. At my wakonda it's called "ph/aux2" and I dont have a build in phono board.

I think you'd better open it and give it a look inside.

Grtz Achiel.

Thanks for the reply! I have opened it and can't tell much from the inside. I can see the sneaky connections on the circuit board and the jumpers to change the default volume and display settings, but nothing hinting at the Phono/Aux.

On the back of the component, above the input it has 3 boxes, Phono MC, Phono MM, and Aux 2. The Phono MM box is checked. Also, the model number on the bottom is Majik IP (where I believe the P means Phono). I think the "line" models are designated Majik IL?

I any case I tested the input with a regular line input (from my Mimik CD), and from the turntable. Even at full volume, I get no sound. I think the input is dead, but I don't know any more diagnostics to perform or how to fix. Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.