citation 7.1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you Michael,

your mail is arrived.

Infact, my citation's package still has the ZED AUDIO sticking, which states it was produced by them and delivered to a Citation Facility :)

Madrigal only contributed to make the Citation death, exactly as They did to Procced line.

What a shame.

Thank you Sir. Would you happen to have a source for the OPA 604 IC?

Any ideas on why the front end seems to have a weakness on the 7.1?

Any suggestions for increasing their life span? Looks like maybe the transistors are being pushed to the limits.

But then again the copy of the schematic is blurred and hard to read.

DJK

So far the only transistor losses are the 1st trip on both sides.

2SA1360 and 2SC3423-Y also lost was 2SD1292

Transistors no one is stocking anymore as follows..

2DC2389, 2SA1038, 2SD1292

The outputs can be replace with the newer PN Toshiba's

don't try the fake 1302's and 3281's

Do you have suggestions for the 2sC2389, 2SA1038, 2SD1292's?

Also, this amplifier seems to have stability problems. Is this due to the fact the transistors are run to the edge? Amp likes to oscillate when using 4 conductor speaker cable. This is not good when trying to run surrounds or L&R on a home theatre system.

Its real close to the amp you and I built back in 93. Ours didn't have the Op Amps in it.

Citation 7.1 Schematic- PLEASE!

Hello,

I'm new to the group. I just purchased a Citation 7.1 and the left two channels aren't working. Channels 3 and 4. The power supply is fine and the inputs are working. After reading this thread, I was wondering if I might get a copy of the schematic for the amp so I can trouble shoot the problem.

I tried to request it directly from Moer but it will not let me email him directly yet.

Thank you for the opportunity to join your group.

Tim Mical

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.