Meridian 605 Mono Blocks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thanks
i am not say clear ,the meridian 605's have four board ,two big two small.the small board is power supply ,i amazed at it is power supply board ,at small board have two Cerafines and 8.5mh inductor and one transistor etc ,now i want to known the type of transistor of the power supply board's

Ah, that transistor, D1?, and the inductor L1 are not fitted to mine. Nor are the two small resistors.

Just the the Bridge Rectifier for the early stage, the two 1000u 25V capacitors, and the yellow 0.1uF capacitor that joins to the chassis / mains earth and the two 1800 Ohm resistors that discharge the ±60V rails.

L1 is joined to one power rail, the other side of the transistor to the other and then to the cut off relay for the mains supply to the transformer. So I guess it was some kind of safety detector, maybe shutting off the amplifier if one ±60v DC supply rail failed / shorted to earth / output MOSFETs shorted to earth via the speaker?? Or the main Bridge failed and lost one power rail?

Though the latter case would be taken care of by the DC detection circuit.

Last edited:
thanks

Ah, that transistor, D1?, and the inductor L1 are not fitted to mine. Nor are the two small resistors.

Just the the Bridge Rectifier for the early stage, the two 1000u 25V capacitors, and the yellow 0.1uF capacitor that joins to the chassis / mains earth and the two 1800 Ohm resistors that discharge the ±60V rails.

L1 is joined to one power rail, the other side of the transistor to the other and then to the cut off relay for the mains supply to the transformer. So I guess it was some kind of safety detector, maybe shutting off the amplifier if one ±60v DC supply rail failed / shorted to earth / output MOSFETs shorted to earth via the speaker?? Or the main Bridge failed and lost one power rail?

thanks
the mine is the transistor D1 and the inductor but not the relay ,but i don't known the type of the transistor D1 ,i known the D1 is pnp transistor similar to bc560,but D1 is to-220 package, and the L1 joined to one +60v DC power rail ,and the other side jined to the base stage of D1,and the collector of D1 is joined the -60v DC power rail through diode ,and have 10k resistors connectted to collector and emitter of D1 and the emitter of D1 through 1.6k resistors joined the lm339 circuit of main board ,have not relay,so ,how it is detect i don't known

Though the latter case would be taken care of by the DC detection circuit.

Hi,
I'm a Dutch Meridan addict: 602/606/502/605/Siltech ftm4 gold IC/Avantgarde DUO .

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Soon I'm goin to upgrade my 602 with a additional Jitter-clock and de 605 monoblocks with elna cerafine capacitors and silver wiring en WBT nextgen rca. Is there a beter alternative for the OP44? suggestions ? The only thing I'm afraid is losing the Meridian sound.

Meridian 605

Hi
I have seen that maks13 have a burned coil in his 605. This is not actually a big problem. That coil could be re-winded easily. I remember that the wire is a normal enameled copper 0,5 mm diameter. Anyway, this coil is part of the brute protection circuit that is used by meridian. So is better to have this protection that do not have it. His presence can save the life of an expensive speaker system.
This protection circuit is like to put a dynamite inside, so when there is some problem all the amplifier explodes... but the speakers no...
Cheers !!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.