Low noise transistor and noise figure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Low noise transistor and noise figur

Real_Macgyver said:
Any suggestions for SMD input transistors with very low noise?

Have someone seen a manufactor besides Sanyo that have noise figure plots in there datasheet?
Unless you are planning a MC preamp or a mic amp you don't need anything more low noise than plain BC850 types, This transistor gives you around 1 uV input noise wihich is sufficient down to MM phono amps. Anything above that aren't very critical when it comes to noise if you design to minize the noise with those parts you have got.

The lowest noise audio types i have ever seen are ROHM 2SA1455k and 2SC3722k they have a noise figure of just 0,2 dB. They are suitable for normal line level impedances like 1 - 22k.

If you are looking to build an MC amp, you should use other types, like the 2SB737 and 2SD786. They have a super low noise but only if the load impedance is low (as is the case in an MC amp).

Lars Clausen said:
The lowest noise audio types i have ever seen are ROHM 2SA1455k and 2SC3722k they have a noise figure of just 0,2 dB. They are suitable for normal line level impedances like 1 - 22k.

If you are looking to build an MC amp, you should use other types, like the 2SB737 and 2SD786. They have a super low noise but only if the load impedance is low (as is the case in an MC amp).

Thanks Lars. Wasn't aware of these devices. Do you know where
to locate data sheet for 1455k & 3722k?

Cheers,

Terry

All the mentioned types from ROHM are discontinued in production, but still widely available in DIY quantities.

There are also leaded versions of 2SA1455k / 2SC3722k, they are called 2SA1038 + 2SC2389.

I found data on these devices only in the 1990 version of the ROHM semiconductor databook (partly in japanese).
If there is any particular part of interest, i could take a JPG image and post it here.

Lars :)

Re: HUH???????

Jocko Homo said:
Since when aren't the A970 & C2240 not complimemtary? Not what my data book(s) say.

Rohm is dicontinuing the A1038 & C2389. They want us to buy the SM versions.

Jocko

Hey Jocko,

Good to see you still around.

A few BJT noise related questions for you or any other experts
here.

I am looking at MAT01 noise specs. At first they appear not so
good with around 6nV/rt Hz (P2 data sheet), but on further
inspection this appears to be at 10uA (see top of page 2).
Comparing to the super low noise MAT02, at 10uA it is pretty
similar and acheives best noise specs at a few mA.

So does anyone know what the MAT01 specs at a few mA?
Or is the data sheet wrong?

Also does Toshiba make any low noise duals of similar specs
to the 2SC2240.

Thanks for any help folks,

Cheers,

Terry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.