Denon PMA 655R protect

Joined 2011
Could be fatigue, could be a problem downstream. Can you post the page of the schematic
with the fuse? I could not locate it. First check the parts just after the fuse. If no problems,
I'd try replacing it to see whether it would blow again.

Last edited:
Not sure how you can get a replacement, or even tell what size it should be.
It's likely to be on the order of a 100mA or so. Is the pcb marked with any ID near the fuse?

You might want to check with this company.
Denon, Parts and Accessories

They were used in LOADS of 90's kit - it's a circuit protector

If you want the current rating, multiply the value by 40 and that's the current in mA

So in this case it's a 600mA ICP

They are a bit antzy and can blow sporadically for no reason in particular, obviously check downstream for any faults, but in the end just replace it

F in front meant normal blow characteristics, F meant obviously fast blow

Long obsolete now, but I still have a handful of my 90's stock Access Denied

Last edited:
What kind of error are present by check TR101/102? Maybe thermal stress ?

If the reason wasn't exactly find out, the new ones for this discrete voltage regulator immediately goes also damaged.
Check out the rectifiers, capacitors of voltage regulator itself and the actually protect unit so as the DC-resistance between voltage output rails and GND.

On a Yamaha receiver I had similar observations. Protect unit uses also independent transformer windings and voltage regulators.
Several low voltage electrolytics I replace by 63V-DC versions and weak rectifier diodes I replace by 1N4007. The transistors for voltage regulator unit wasn't defective. After replace that parts perfect operation was to observe.
Is it this amp ?
Ban Amply nội địa Denon PMA 655R - chodocu.com
If yes, please note, that this amp is not switch-off by RC. i. e., some parts are permanent on the mains - maybe even parts of the protect unit.

Last edited: