Cambridge Audio A500 RC static left channel

ugh now I have more problems. I took it apart again removed whole tone board inspected it thoroughly and touched up anything iffy. I must plugged volume motor pot in wrong spot and powered it up and smoke fest. I thoght thee plugs were dummy proof I was wrong. Getting a replacement pot is hard seeing cant seem to find exact one. ughhhh

ugh now I have more problems. I took it apart again removed whole tone board inspected it thoroughly and touched up anything iffy. I must plugged volume motor pot in wrong spot and powered it up and smoke fest. I thoght thee plugs were dummy proof I was wrong. Getting a replacement pot is hard seeing cant seem to find exact one. ughhhh

An old tip from a disappeared repair workshop:

When you are not sure you remember exactly the connections, always take a photo before removing a panel.
Good luck...

I know, I always do. Not sure what the heck I was thinking. It was a bit of a rush job. I plugged one of the connections in the wronp spot. When I turned it on I got flaes from the Volume pot. I had the face plate fully off I wanted to see if any improvement before putting it all back together first. I really did it now. Was hoping to find a picture online of the connections and where they go. All but a couple of them are different sizes so as not to put in wrong slot i presume.