Parts Alert!

I often go to a massive surplus store in Burbank California. They have deep stock of typical NOS power amp transformers like 24-36vct at 4 amps as just one example at fantastic prices.

And they also have a large stock of computer grade screw terminal capacitors. I find these obsolete in current parts supplier catalogs or very expensive.

Just FYI for those in the area and they might do mail orders as well, I don't know but they are active on Ebay.

APEX I Home

BTW, need surplus jet engine parts? They have those too! (There was a lot of military and aerospace industry in the area up until the late 1980s)

Last edited:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Last edited:
IM-PRESS-SIVE :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I used to buy stuff (my first oscilloscope, Papst computer fans, weird tubes, military radio receivers, lunch tray sized IBM cards, the works) from the Buenos Aires equivalent.

He also had Radar panels complete with 20" diameter CRT displays, plane control panels, etc.

A crashed Texan trainer plane, helicopter parts, ejection seats, etc.

One day I visited him and he was fuming, talking alone.

- " Hey Don Luis (Deza) , anything wrong?"
- "Oh, these d*mn Air Force guys, would you believe them calling me "vulture" ????? :mad:"
- "and why would they say so?"
- "did you watch the News about the helicopter crash last week? ..... I did and went to the Air Base to buy the wreckage .... not MY fault that they hadn´t yet pulled Pilot´s remains from inside it!!!"

Avro Lincoln Tail Gunner station:
P1170914.JPG

P1170926.JPG

surplussales.com in Nebraska is good too.
Not cheap, but real stuff often from USGov inventory.
Got some TO5 RCA drivers I needed 20 years ago for my ST-120. 1n1183 not stocked in 20 years, no heat sink pad required.
I got some 95ct transformers from Apex 10 years ago. Used one for 48 v battery charger for electric bicycle LiIon.