Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

NGSpice compatible audio op amp.
NGSpice compatible audio op amp.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th July 2021, 05:08 AM   #11
jaycee is offline jaycee  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acampm View Post
Of course, I'm not IN the industry - hence the DIY bit! I'm quite impressed with KiCad, but then I have no basis for comparison, my profession is computer networks not audio. And with that hat on, I tend to find open source rather more trustworthy.
Neither am I. I was (until mental health forced me to quit) a software engineer and sysadmin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Tillotson View Post
Yes, but being free software means you have the right to improve it - as I understand it it is getting better over time as the userbase extends. Being cross-platform does have repercussions for creating a slick UI though - different OSes have different facilities and guidelines, it has to work on basic hardware (any random laptop, not just a CAD station).
Cross platform UI is not a huge deal, there are plenty of good systems to deal with that, such a Qt - which EAGLE uses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Tillotson View Post
One major problem with proprietry software is the fast rate that it crumbles to dust - very few commercial packages available now will be around in even 25 years time, but KiCad will you can bet.
One problem with open source software is that they often do not care about backward compatibility, and change things on a whim. It's a constant moving goalpost which is a frequent cause of issues. I say that from experience having developed across all of the desktop platforms (including Linux).
  Reply to this post

NGSpice compatible audio op amp.Hide this!Advertise here!