Carver PT 2400 Power amp what to do?

I have a Carver PT 2400 that is in need of new filter caps that I was given. Its not a large output unit by today's standards. My problem is trying to secure a minimum of 2) 10000/125VDC filter caps that are 2" OD X 5.1" long to replace one channels leaky caps.

The problem is I don't really need it but if its taking up garage space I should make it function or pitch it. The questions are is it worth fixing? Is it possible to find replacement caps for the Philips 3186EG103D125BMA2 Or can I simply do a series parallel arrangement with some smaller sized caps ? It seems to have a 121VDC + and minus supply. The caps are rated 125VDC with a 150VDC surge.
Nothing like running the voltage almost at maximum.

Going by the schematic on hifi engine voltages should be=+/-122 volts (+/-0.5V) so not far away .

Got to agree with you 125 working voltage capacitors even with the ability to withstand a surge is too near the mark for me . Must have worked though , it says some of the capacitors are hard to get to .

What you have to watch is --this is 2021 not the 90,s --how many modern capacitors would live through the surge ??------I remember surges being indicated on old tube radio capacitors even current but I don't know the position nowadays.

Mouser are doing 400 volt versions BUT---the price--OMG !

Your amplifier has a massive power output and your quote of 2" OD will only take a current of 34 Amps ---750 Watts into 8 ohms --1200Watts into 4ohms --that requires a LOT of current , any old capacitor will not do .

If the 1800 is the same age as the 2400 then I don't think it would be worthwhile ,if you had an ESR tester that might help --200 volt versions on Mouser aren't much cheaper.

I even checked a US surplus website for government surplus and they are over $100 .

This website in North Charleston SC has lower prices and some makes I recognize ,they are "computer grade " -

Browse 10000uF capacitors.

It depends on how much money you are able to spend ,you could buy an ESR tester for the price of one large capacitor.

I'm running PT1800/2400 amps in my PA rig. Some of it I recapped already. My solution is pcb board with 1000uF/160V snap in capacitors. 10+10 in paralled. You can use existing holes in the brackets which are holding existing elcos now to mount new boards on spacers. It is working perfectly fine. You might need to replace other elcos also. On power supply modules there are some low profile snap in ones which might be hard to source. And don't forget to re-adjust power supply when you are done. I'm willing to share p-cad file with you if you feel doing it. P.M me. I might even try to find some photos how I'm doing it or even pull one of the amps out from the flightcase and open it for you. It is quite some work to restore those amps but I think it is worth it. Those are good amps :)
Best regards, Taj

That's more than the amp is worth. $66 X 4=$264 plus shipping. I justified the expense of a new fan for other amp at a cost of about $30 shipped. I haven't even heard it yet but did input a sine wave and hook it up to my load. I figured I could get my money back out of the smaller amp (PT1800) since it might have some appeal to a band as a backup amp. The cost of about $300 for the PT2400 is probably more than what it is worth.

That's more than the amp is worth. $66 X 4=$264 plus shipping. I justified the expense of a new fan for other amp at a cost of about $30 shipped. I haven't even heard it yet but did input a sine wave and hook it up to my load. I figured I could get my money back out of the smaller amp (PT1800) since it might have some appeal to a band as a backup amp. The cost of about $300 for the PT2400 is probably more than what it is worth.
Burnedfingers, I am a Carver enthusiast, and I would be happy to purchase this amp from you if you still have it. Thanks! I'm not sure I can do PM's yet as I'm new to the forum.