Oscillating Amplifier

Hello
Looking at the Attached Circuit, I would appreciate any comment as to why this Guitar Power Amplifier circuit does not have any sort of Zobel Network on the Output Terminals. This Particular Amp I am working on is suffering from an amount of high frequency instability, and I was thinking that it might be appropriate to add one?
Thanks for any insighthttps://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=961398&stc=1&d=1624257194 -Telnet100

Attachments

• Fender Ultimate.pdf
    754.7 KB · Views: 164
None of the other amplifiers of this design have a network and they are fine until the output transistors or MC1436 are replaced with Chinesium fleabay replacements. Then you will get issues much like yours. Check the PFLoop components, yes Possitive Feedback Loop R133 etc, it compensates for poor loudspeaker efficiencies at odd frequencies to try and smooth out the response.

I suspect, if original, the issue is elsewhere and the amplifier is only reproducing what is on its input.

Hello
Thanks for that -- I will do a suggested, and maybe try to disconnect the Input from the Power amp -- easy to do on this, as You only have to plug an unconnected 1/4" Male plug into the Stereo Return Socket, which then isolates the power amps.
I will report --
Regards, Telnet100