X-ref for 2SC2526 and 2SA1076

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've looked everywhere and can find no information or cross-reference on the 2SC2526 and 2SA1076 transistors. I have a Pioneer receiver (SX-3900) that uses two pair in parallel per channel (non-switching class AB?), and would like to order up some extras just to have on hand.

Does anyone know what these would cross with, or who would still make them. The originals were made by Sanken, but there was nothing on their site about them.

Thanks,

Mike

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
specs

Hi Mike,
2SC2526 specs are:160V 12A 120W hFE=110 fT=80Mhz
2SA1076 specs are: same except fT=50Mhz
The above from The (Japanese) Transistor Manual, 1986.

If you can mount the plastic MJL3281A and MJL1302A, you'll be flying.
If not, try to find 2SA1216/2SC2922 or 2SA1494/2SC3858.
As a last resort, try whatever these cross to in ECG or NTE. I test these before using them.
-Chris

The originals were made by Fujitsu, not Sanken.

The closest are Toshiba ring-emitter power devices, even have a case that looks a bit like the strange ones of the 1076/2526.
Not made anymore either, but can be found ocassionally. (now and then i stumble on a few of them, usually buy them for a few dolares)

Best Sanken match are the 2SA1215/2SC2921, several shops sell these for lower prices than the 2SA1295/2SC3264 pair.
(unless you are able to trace a few 2SA1094/2SC2564)

Nice amplifier btw, the L-530 was just about the best integrated in the mid 80s. Better than a Revox or an Accuphase, unless you had twice as much cash for an Accuphase E303.

Difficult transistor, a 2SC1024 is in a package that is a smaller version of a TO3.
The small tall-hat TO3s, or TO-66 as they were called, went into extinction long before TO3s became scarse.

Best one i can think of is a 2SC1025, a higher Vce version of the 1024. Not made anymore either, but 2SC1025s can still be ordered at some of the familiar online parts stores.
Other alternative is to locate some Hitachi 2SC1060/61s, same Vce but Vcb(max) is 10 volts lower.
But with those you'd have to switch package style, and find a different way of mounting/cooling them.

The 2SC1024 is not a very fast device, you could try your luck with more modern transistores that are ample current able.

(i'm not a pro service guy, just addicted to sticking my nose and soldering gun in stuff. Mr Anatechy is the Luxman database)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Jacco,
You are doing more than just fine here without my help. All your suggestions are very solid.

Hi Jarek,
A current source circuit works better at high frequencies with a high frequency transistor as the current pass element. The AC impedance will remain higher (that's the entire point of the circuit). Whether it will make a measurable difference is another question again.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.