DIYA store "Wolverine" (Son of Badger) .... suggestions ??

I think most of us know of Boxall and base current recirculation. I always wanted an excuse to use it in an amp but in the end it always seems to turn out fairly useless.

It has its uses... the capacitance of the CCS matters are a frequency that is too high for audio. In other areas, there are distortions that will swamp any improvement that you get from the base current recirculation.

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Hi Guy, As OS is away and not available for comment or review ATM what do you all think about moving forward with a prototype board like the one attached. I have created a single board from the wolverine IPS and the EF3 board which should simply the prototype process.

Comments welcome. Screenshot_20210623-191645_WhatsApp.jpg

Hi Stuart, I think yours is actually the best approach to follow at the moment. We all wish OS to come back in giving his support to this project, but, as Keantoken claimed some posts ago, the only way that remains to continue improving it is actually starting to build. I won't (can't) do that at the moment cause I'm not skilled as the most of you and I'm now involved in my very first Honey Badger building. But I think that the Wolverine is a truly interesting project which I'll likely try in the next future.

Regards,
Gaetano.

Hi Guy, As OS is away and not available for comment or review ATM what do you all think about moving forward with a prototype board like the one attached. I have created a single board from the wolverine IPS and the EF3 board which should simply the prototype process.

Comments welcome. View attachment 961913

If gerbers will be available in this first test bench ;)