Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

b k electronics mosfet 100 watt modules
b k electronics mosfet 100 watt modules
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th April 2021, 08:58 PM   #331
Shockhazard is offline Shockhazard  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Funny you should say that I’ve been getting these headaches and like you really tired must be something going around.

Think he contacted B&K about the faults it’s on here somewhere.

Appreciate that.

Well hope you feel better soon but I know what you mean.
Old 22nd April 2021, 11:48 AM   #332
diyAudio Member

Totally unrelated but me bits came. That psu board 5mm thick. Managed to get some sk42 heatsinks only 12 quid each bargain. 5mm thick bloody heavy for size.
Anyhow not related but just wanted to show off ha. I might change out those resistors get some better quality ones. Think there carbon film. Hard to tell donít look metal film.
Iím going to draw out a new board for the unit but to exact size of original. Like said had to bend those legs on those transistors way too far apart sideways. Donít think there meant to be forwards yeah not sidewards. Would not surprise me if Iíve not cracked the internal substrate in them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7D479533-168D-4793-8438-2931D4AAD77C.jpg (1.00 MB, 54 views)
Old 9th May 2021, 08:55 AM   #333
RS232 is offline RS232  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Any update ?
You didn't gave up on it did you ?
Old 9th May 2021, 09:49 AM   #334
diyAudio Member

No not yet moved over to a repair job someone who did not know what they where doing.
So the Matrix M400 fully up and running including the VU meter and fan plus some other bits. Needed a break from that one was getting to frustrated. Re drawn the pcb correct size this time on the tracks so just need to do some tidying up on paint shop then do the new board. Start all over again. I was gonna just add jump wires on the old board where the tracks are missing but not sure if that will work properly be fine on valve gear but not sure if the transistors would like it. That’s easy option what do you think?
Plus gathering all parts for F5 gonna build my own cabinet for that.
So I’ll give this BK one more go and if the readings on the outputs are up the creek again I’ll give it up. As it makes no sense at all the other board bang on and considering there’s no difference between them except the new transistors but it was way out on output before I even put them in. So all it can be is there is a short on the tranny as it warms up well you could fry an egg on it.

b k electronics mosfet 100 watt modulesHide this!Advertise here!