headphone amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am making one amplifier for my headphones

Intention is to make a P3A with low voltage and high bias
willing to install this amp in the rack , run a cable for 2 ch next to my couch which is about 7-10 meters
then construct a local box with the plug a passive attenuator of 2W-5W in order to be able to control the volume localy

so in the output of the amplifier which originally is specified for 8 R and speakers i will feed :
--the 10 meter cable
--A set of resistors for headphone attenuation Expect 220R /2W in series and something may be in parallel ( advise needed )
--100 R 2-5 W potensiometer
--set of headphones 32 R

I was thinking may be a local Zobel

Do you expect an stability issues with that configuration ?
Is there anything else to treat my output with ?

thank you

IMHO I don't think you need a zobel in the couch-end. If you have a resistor network for attenuation, that will take care of the 'termination' of the line. I think a zobel could be useful at the amp output.
This means there should be a parallel resistor in the couch end (divider).

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2017
In-line pots for loudspeakers are readely available, ranging from 4 to 16 or 32Ω. These are double-gang so the amp 'sees' a constant (most) ohmic load. They're in stereo too, but more expensive. I use these (twin mono) to attenuate the dynamic low speakers of my Final electrostatics. Roughly 50W per pot, serious guys. You can find them in the professional audio suppliers stores.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.