Ld1014d question about noise

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It has a high transconductance and it must have a large die area, so chances are its equivalent input voltage noise level will be quite low. Current noise will be low(*) as long as you reverse bias the gate, which will happen automatically at 50 mA to 100 mA.

(*): Regarding noise current, a smaller JFET will be even better, but you will only notice that at very high source impedances, like those of condenser microphone capsules without built-in amplifier.

Last edited:
Here's the Zen9 "noise" -- to get flat frequency response (into a 6 ohm passive load) I had to increase Vds to 2.12, and lower the current to 1.6A. Gain is 21dB.

I've run the LU1014 on its own, not yet satisfied with the results.

Attachments

• Zen9_Noise.png
    Zen9_Noise.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 108
In looking at the old Pass Bride Of Zen preamp it occured to me that it would be incredibly easy to modify it to a cascode using the Ld1014d like was done in the Zen 8. Heck with about 2.5v across the Ld1014d at 40ma it wouldn't even need any heatsink. I was just concerned with the noise. Wonder if it would sound better than the original.

Attachments

• image001.gif
    image001.gif
    37.1 KB · Views: 77
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.