Help with Linn Majik IP output Bias setting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem.

I have just repaired a Linn Majik -IP Amplifier that had all output transistors blown along with numerous other components in the supply line.

It was that bad I think the previous owner had connected the Pre-amp pins the wrong way around and the thing went bang.

Any way the problem that I have is that I need to set up the new output transistors bias which is normally an easy job following the service manual instructions.

Unfortunately I cannot find any info anywhere on the net and my pleading with Linn and numerous other service centres came to a dead end as no one would provide me with the info.

I have attached a PDF with the Mainboard schematics but this does not mention the process.

Is there any way to set up this amp without the correct procedure?

Thanks in advance
Key

Attachments

• linn_pcas175_majik-1_mainboard_l13_rev.14_sch.pdf
    503.6 KB · Views: 97
Hi, thanks for getting back. I presumed that i had to set the bias as there are VR pots for both channels. In my limited previous experience these are use to set the output bias for the amp.
I have never come across a servo circuit before.

I haven't actually powered up the amp yet since i replaced all the blown components as I wanted to make sure any adjustments were correct.

Do you know what the VR's are for and do I need to do anything with them?

Key

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.