HK Citation 12 mods

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, besides modifying a citation, how about the Pass Kit project parts and PCB's is available?
I see Analoguemetric upon web search, but as I know Pass forums, some copy from original design is not always ok.

I saw a member here Tazzz that was selling some PCB's, but will see if still available.

I have 2 Citation 12 to mod.

I think they worth it
Thanks

Hi read some plus and minus on this Analogmetric pcb kits.
I like to start a mod on a pair of Citation 12 I have .
I like to have some recommendations or comments on pcb availability .
This analogmetric is based on Nelson Pass design with IRFP240 mosfets, not a complementary output...
thk

Tazzz pcb are on my way....

Saw his pcb's for restoring my 2 Citation 12.
Will be restoring those soon.
I buy my parts from digikey and mouser, would appreciate transistor sub as the
2SA970 pnp is obsolete:confused:
and 2SC2705 too.

Both in stadard TO92 pack, SMD is available but not practical here.

IRFP240 and IRFP9140 do are available in in TO247 package.

thk

Got exact transistors and MOSFET, now working

Got the Tazzz pcb and installed parts. Juging from pictures, I just ordered some 1% parts resistors 1/4w or better.
Source resistors now are 0,33ohms waiting for 0,1 ohms 5w.

Still it is working with my lab psu +/- 24Vdc and could bias 200mA
DC Offset is 22mV
I could measure hfe on each Q1-2 , 2SA970 pnp pair to be equaly close for 1mA and 10mA.
Q3-4 are 2SC2705 and have close readings too.

My hfe tester doesn't give other tests, so I rely on what i have.
Q5-Q6 complementary mosfets are IRFP240 and 9140, but I did not matched them. I have 25 of each , they are from same batch as far as I can see same production numbers?
Bought at UTsource parts for mosfets and transistors you have to buy about min 30 pieces each.

Still they seem to react OK.
Will have the final PSU for +/-42Vdc and variac to see how stable and how it reacts, and power output should be near 60wrms.
Chime in if you have some more recommendations.
Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.