peeceebee v4 distortion simulation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Peeceebee V4H

Hi

I have been looking at the peeceebee V4H Rev1. Like you, I cannot get the distortion numbers to match what is specified for this amp.
At 1 KHz, it seems to matct, but at 10KHz, my LTSpice simulation is way off. When trying to simulate open loop gain, I get ~ 57dB with a 5 ohm load.
Without load ~ 58dB. Phase margin is ~ 88.6° and gain margin ~ 28.2dB

I think that ~ 58dB seems somewhat low to achive 0.005% THD while delivering 100W/10KHz into 5 ohm's.
Can someone please verify that my open loop gain simulation is correct?

I have tried with different mosfet models from this forum. None come close the specified values.
The attached schematic contains all the models used, and is it setup to run sims for 1/10/100 watts into 5 ohms at 100/1KHz/10KHz.
I have added the distortion results to each mosfet model.

To run the bode plot, comment out the SINE text and uncomment the BODE text.

Regards
Jorgen

Attachments

• Peeceebee V4H REV1.asc
    25.5 KB · Views: 76
Disabled Account
Joined 2015
Try this adjustment.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 382
i tried b.c. and i.h. models but still get around 0.03%
Hi ctrlx,

Attached v4 sim with IH laterals giving 0.03% at 10W 10kHz.
And it gives 0.003% at 10W with 1kHz.
I think these THD sim figures are in the right ball-park for this topology.
Differences in models don't appear to make more than a factor of 2 difference in the 10kHz 10W THD. But there is a factor of 10 difference between measured and sim.

So, has anyone else (other than shaan) measured the v4 THD at 10kHz 10W 8R?

One thing to watch is the THD bandwidth. To get the first 10 harmonics with 10kHz (like our sims) you would need a sample rate of 196kHz or more.

Attachments

• v4-1k-10KHz-10w.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 58
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.