Another Blameless Amp

Has anyone built this amp from the BuildAudioAmps site?Project 61 – BuildAudioAmps. It uses 2SA992 transistors that are hard to find.Could I use the MPSa56 transistors instead that were used in the original blamless design?

Attachments

• amp schematic.JPG
    amp schematic.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,474
Thanks.
The design,according to the article is a combination of The Doug Self Blameless Amp and a Randy Slone design.Has anyone had any experience of building designs from this site:Building Audio Amps.I just came across it the other day.They have over 60 audio related projects with board layouts and component listings but unfortunately no forum.

Hi Lawrence, I have started a Youtube channel with educational videos which may be helpful to you. I cover there the 2 stage amplifier, the so called Blameless Amplifier.
Check them out at:
SW Audio
YouTube

Regarding your amp in the picture, not a big fan of the CFP output stage when you have more than one output pair. I would change it to an Emitter Follower, preferentially a type II.
Best, Sandro

Hi Lawrence, I have started a Youtube channel with educational videos which may be helpful to you. I cover there the 2 stage amplifier, the so called Blameless Amplifier.
Check them out at:
SW Audio
YouTube

Regarding your amp in the picture, not a big fan of the CFP output stage when you have more than one output pair. I would change it to an Emitter Follower, preferentially a type II.
Best, Sandro

Sandro great to hear about your You Tube channel.I've been looking for something like this for ages.Just started from the beginning and have subscribed.Are you currently working on an audio project?
Many Thanks
Lawrence

Nice amp Lawrence,

LTP input with CFP output - maybe check out the P3A thread for additional ideas on parts etc.

P3A Comparison table ( long .... )

I made something with a Singleton input, TGM8, which is perhaps, another thing that JLH liked to use but your amp already looks close to optimal. In my amp I also used two output pair but in a Class C mode for the 2nd pair.

Last edited:
Sandro great to hear about your You Tube channel.I've been looking for something like this for ages.Just started from the beginning and have subscribed.Are you currently working on an audio project?
Many Thanks
Lawrence

Hi Lawerece, the series has a companion design project, the SW_VFA_01. The letters are nothing creative, VFA: Voltage feedback Amp, 01: It is the first of the series.
Best, Sandro

For transistors, if voltage is not high, BC556..BC560 series is a good choice. For high voltage amp, I use 2n5401. I Just give example for pnp here, you can find the related npn by yourself. Note that they have different pin out. It may not be a drop in replacement.

Last edited: