solid state reverb drive ciruit.... hummmmm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So now the only issue I have to deal with is to figure out how to get it so the gain is the same with and without the reverb engaged. Right now when I switch in the reverb, I loose some gain. and as mentioned before, I also loose some low end freq.
Eliminate that feedback control including all related components. Feedback is necessary for echo effects, but not with a reverb tank.
In addition, reverb should be added to the dry signal, which always should be present in the output signal. Your control allows the dry signal to be almost completely muted which isn't the goal.
Best regards!

Last edited:
I have noticed now that I am trying this out, that depending on what guitar or what amp I use, the quality (freq response) of the reverb sounds different. So I am thinking maybe I should try and stick a tone stack just before the reverb tank? right after the U1a stage? Or should it be just before the last stage U1d?

If your plugging passive guitars into it, its input impedance is too low, should be around a meg. This extra loading will chage the freq response depending on the pickup impedance, which is different for different guitars. If your amp has an effects loop, use it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.