Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Can someone recommend me an 4-6 channels amp?
Can someone recommend me an 4-6 channels amp?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd May 2020, 04:10 AM   #11
Ian Finch is offline Ian Finch  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuhaku View Post
....... don't really know the difference of a 6.1, 5.1 and 6.1 sound, is it by the channels the amp divide? If that's is it, It sounds good to me, its the same as am amplifier with 5-6 channels right? but I didint get the .1
Also, I searched this LM3886 and saw that it's just a board, how do I power it up? do I need to weld it? I have no weldiung equipment
But wow, the price is very good!........
The prices are nice because the DIY products are for DIY assembly and completion, any way you want to do it but probably at much greater cost. As I suggested, you need complete and working products real cheap if you don't plan to build things from components.

When I spoke of chipamps like LM3886 (that's actually an electronic component that solders onto a circuit board) I referred to them being inside a lot of amplifiers. I wasn't suggesting that you buy any kit of parts to assemble anything, as it seemed you didn't want to DIY.

If you want 4-6 channels, you can buy a used multi-channel AV amplifier. 5.1 is a common, basic type. Newer models are 6.1, 7.1 etc. The numbers refer to the number of channels - e.g. 5.1 means five channels + subwoofer connector, 6.1 means 6 channels + subwoofer connector etc. but each channel requires a speaker to be connected to its output in order to hear correct AV sound and you need to operate that amplifier such that you have access to the relevant channel inputs as well as their outputs so each channel works simply, without AV processing. It's not exactly what you need so you need to innovate - right?

However, if you want to mix audio tracks down to 2 channel stereo, you really only need a little multi-channel mixer console with any stereo amplifier + headphones, monitor speakers etc. Think about what you want to do and how professionals and other amateur DJs go about mixing tracks to to make recordings - are you on the right path to do that?
Old 23rd May 2020, 05:44 AM   #12
kuuhaku is offline kuuhaku  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Finch View Post
The prices are nice because the DIY products are for DIY assembly and completion, any way you want to do it but probably at much greater cost. As I suggested, you need complete and working products real cheap if you don't plan to build things from components.

When I spoke of chipamps like LM3886 (that's actually an electronic component that solders onto a circuit board) I referred to them being inside a lot of amplifiers. I wasn't suggesting that you buy any kit of parts to assemble anything, as it seemed you didn't want to DIY.

If you want 4-6 channels, you can buy a used multi-channel AV amplifier. 5.1 is a common, basic type. Newer models are 6.1, 7.1 etc. The numbers refer to the number of channels - e.g. 5.1 means five channels + subwoofer connector, 6.1 means 6 channels + subwoofer connector etc. but each channel requires a speaker to be connected to its output in order to hear correct AV sound and you need to operate that amplifier such that you have access to the relevant channel inputs as well as their outputs so each channel works simply, without AV processing. It's not exactly what you need so you need to innovate - right?

However, if you want to mix audio tracks down to 2 channel stereo, you really only need a little multi-channel mixer console with any stereo amplifier + headphones, monitor speakers etc. Think about what you want to do and how professionals and other amateur DJs go about mixing tracks to to make recordings - are you on the right path to do that?
Yo, thank you very much for the explanation about the .1 and the system, your really have clarified my mind
Also, I want to buy semi-DIY speakers because I cannot afford krk or yamaha or any other good studio monitors because I live in Brasil, so I would pay 3x they price by taxes (or more) so, I already bought the drivers, but I know nothing about amplifiers :P well, until now, you guys really are helping me very much and sorry for this bad english, also, I have a question: Is there a chance of a amp having "colored" response? Like a non-flat output signal? Just for know, because as you said, I want to spend the less possible, and I really dont know how to solder and these things, but that's pretty much it
I was informed that I need a 3-way speakers, so I am thinking that I need a 3 way amp for it right? I heard this in everywhere but I dont know any 3way amplifier So thats my question, if you guys know a flat response amplifier (if theres no amplifier without flat response, ignore this) that would work good with my 3-way designed system for mixing
Thank you guys for the attention
Old 23rd May 2020, 05:59 AM   #13
basi is online now basi  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDIY View Post
Old Samsung HT-DB300 has a very good sound thanks to Sanken chips. Class AB (analogue), not D - Thomson, Philips (LM3886, STKxxxx? ...).
Class D has great power, but non-musical sound.
Realy?Please read the datasheets of LM and STK series and then make a statement.If u dont know what u talking then don't talk(write) at all.
Old 23rd May 2020, 06:00 AM   #14
kuuhaku is offline kuuhaku  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Yooooooooo I found this one Onkyo TX SR502 6.1 Channel 390 Watt DTS Dolby Digital Receiver - Silver - Works | eBay
Would it fit good in my sound-system? and also, does these "surround" "front" and etc matters? Like, does it affect the sound?
Old 23rd May 2020, 06:29 AM   #15
OldDIY is offline OldDIY
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basi View Post
Realy?Please read the datasheets of LM and STK series and then make a statement.If u dont know what u talking then don't talk(write) at all.
Dear Basi!
I listen to music, but do not watch datasheets)))
Old 23rd May 2020, 07:17 AM   #16
basi is online now basi  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDIY View Post
Dear Basi!
I listen to music, but do not watch datasheets)))
Then if u listen to the lm 3886 and Stk series u will hear that they are Class ab not Class d what u write in previous post...

Can someone recommend me an 4-6 channels amp?Hide this!Advertise here!