Germanium in the World of solid state (preamps)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
till said:
sorry, i never owned a polypropylene speaker, only paper and beryllium.

als i never owned that tubes, only mosfet amps.

what i read from you is called "half knowlege" in my country.

you watch something, and because you lack knowledge you draw some wrong conclusions, diy your own science island, and try to spread this as truth.

You have no experience with polypropylene, nor with tubes,.... but you have full knowlidge.:rolleyes:
Those who have experience with, have on your opinion just a half knowlidge :dodgy: :smash:

Sorry. You are symphatic, but you need 15 - 20 years of hard working on your knowlidge. :att'n: :bawling:

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
Bojan Hajdinjak said:
What do you think about germanium in preamplifier circuits?

people tend to love things that aren't available to them. so factor that into what you read in articles / online forums.

I have built two germanium based low-power amps (1-2w). they were nothing extrodinary, to my ears. and i would take today's silicone amps over them.

Hi,

to put things into perspective, your very successful company had 2 + 1 employees and approx 290000 Euro sales in 2002. You describe it like this:

ED Electronic Design Ltd is one of the most respectable electrotechnical engineering in south/east Europe - bank alarms, computer networks, home automation, public adress, telecomunication, automation, audio & video.

As being electronics proffesional in the same country for over 2 decades, I might say that there are more than 2 electronic companies in our country, save rest of the southeast Europe, which makes your quote incorrect. I hope there is no need to see other your statements in the same perspective. A little more modesty would be in place.

Best regards,

Jaka Racman

Jaka Racman said:
Hi,

to put things into perspective, your very successful company had 2 + 1 employees and approx 290000 Euro sales in 2002. You describe it like this:

As being electronics proffesional in the same country for over 2 decades, I might say that there are more than 2 electronic companies in our country, save rest of the southeast Europe, which makes your quote incorrect. I hope there is no need to see other your statements in the same perspective. A little more modesty would be in place.

Best regards,

Jaka Racman

You are electronic professional? :) To put things into perspective, what of the level of electronic professionals do you are?

ED is holding with his mother firm and some (a lot of) "children" firms - every with own account and with own employs.

For the case, HL is trade mark of ED but works almost all the time into oher firms (in the past also for Pear Audio Europe, with all business activities inside of this firm - regard HL for Pear Audio.)

Inside this holding ED is HL (trade mark and compartment).

You have to udate your softver with datas.

ED has his "children" firms in the six countries in the World and have 600% increments per Year (this Year also).
I might say you know for the any of electronic firms in Slovenia.
I might say even you are electro professional (your teksts seems like you are machine technicker).

Your name Jaka Racman i saw some day in the past in Slovenia (but is far ago). You have troubles .... with ED or with HL?

Re: Re: Germanium in the World of solid state (preamps)

millwood said:

people tend to love things that aren't available to them. so factor that into what you read in articles / online forums.

I have built two germanium based low-power amps (1-2w). they were nothing extrodinary, to my ears. and i would take today's silicone amps over them.

Germanium transistors are availible to all the people. Germanium transistors are available also in Burklin (chataloque distribution,...)

And valves..... Are they something extraordinary to your ears? Do you like silicon amps over them?

With 12AX7 tube is possible to make extraordinary or bad sounding equipment. Do you like all of the silicon amps or only the best sounding? Do you think material is enought to build good sounding preamp? Do you build silicon preamps on some basic circuits and want to hear something like High End in you audio chain at home? You expect miracule?

One change in your audio chain doesn't change anything. ...

Yes you are right. On the forums it's bad, because we have to read abou music, it be better to hear it.. We have to wait on faster internet.....:xeye: and makes demos crass the internet :) ;)

Hi,

I am proffesional enough that my designs are sold in more countries in the world that I can remember (Europe, USA, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Malayasia, Middle East, South Africa, South America, Russia etc.) in appliances costing 100000 Euro each. I have no problem with any of your successful companies, (I have never heard about them until now) but I have problem with your boasting. There are some of the world's best audio designers participating on this forum, and their manners go along with their knowledge.

Best regards,

Jaka Racman

Jaka Racman said:
Hi,

to put things into perspective, your very successful company had 2 + 1 employees and approx 290000 Euro sales in 2002. You ....... A little more modesty would be in place.

Best regards,

Jaka Racman

About this department:

- Yes it's true, 290 000 Euros in 2002 with 2 + 1 employees
- BUT - more than 1000 000 Euros in 2003 with 2 + 1 employees
(look into your softvare)
and
- with expected more than 10 000 000 Euros this Year with 2+1 employees

Isn't GOOOOOD enough ?:bigeyes:

Do you know fot better firm around against this a little department of our holding?

Jaka Racman said:
Hi,

I am proffesional enough that my designs are sold in more countries in the world that I can remember (Europe, USA, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Malayasia, Middle East, South Africa, South America, Russia etc.) in appliances costing 100000 Euro each. I have no problem with any of your successful companies, (I have never heard about them until now) but I have problem with your boasting. There are some of the world's best audio designers participating on this forum, and their manners go along with their knowledge.

Best regards,

Jaka Racman

And I don't know for Your firm :confused: Thats bluf, nothing its true about your professionality

... but you have full knowlidge.

I don´t claim so.

And i don´t feel the need for propylene speakers, the only speaker i would like to have in addition to those i use would be a 604 .

I only asked for some more information about you resonant signature theorem, and the asnwer was not satisfying for me. It did not give information on topic and was to me - semantic incohaerent.

For those poets at image hifi or what ever: its interesting how hard those journalists try to find words for something you can not really put into words, but i consider the reviews ********. They claim something is ultimative etc. in every issue, and the main point for them is to sell copys of magazines and get hifi gear for tests without having to pay for it - they are not really interested in the quality of the gear.

mandat,

don´t get me wrong. I have nothing against Bojan, and i like the idea of using germanium. In fact, i did use a germanium diode, but not for hifi but as protection device for a small batterie powerd instrument.

As he is a professional, i want some professional information about the reason and advantage speaking pro germanium. I learned there are resons to use PNP devices some times, there are resons for JFET devices, and also for tubes.

My postings are not intended as attack, you know Hegel? dialektik? Thesis <--> Antithesis --> Synthesis

Without controversity no progress. I want the findings he got put in reasonable words. Not as truism without any background.

Of course

mandat said:
I think that you both should use email for such posts.

Yes, of course. I agree with you. Same is with Jaka Racman.
But I have no option in this case (in those cases), because those teksts are on the forum ....

What can I do in the next time - to post repy or not?

If not, other members of this site will thing, that Till and Racman are right.

till said:

I don´t claim so.

And i don´t feel the need for propylene speakers, the only speaker i would like to have in addition to those i use would be a 604 .

I only asked for some more information about you resonant signature theorem, and the asnwer was not satisfying for me. It did not give information on topic and was to me - semantic incohaerent.

For those poets at image hifi or what ever: its interesting how hard those journalists try to find words for something you can not really put into words, but i consider the reviews ********. They claim something is ultimative etc. in every issue, and the main point for them is to sell copys of magazines and get hifi gear for tests without having to pay for it - they are not really interested in the quality of the gear.

- You can easy reproduce your own speaker chassis if you change plastic cone with paper. Today on the market we have plenty of good loudspeaker drivers (even with paper cones).

- I think, most of other readers clearly understand what I wrote
It's nothing new in the USA. Look into some Sound Practices or Acoustic Sounds.... . That something normal (resonant signature of the component) for most USA producers and DIY lovers also.

- I agree with you regard Jurnals and Journalists in the World. Its true. Roland Kraft ins't poet (like Kirbach) and has respect like the most respected (tube amps) German Journalist (expert), but I agree with you in general.

I think that you both should use email for such posts.

so this board should be for everyone is allowed to post his unproofen truisms, his produkt philosphie and marketing ideas, but critical questions are not allowed???

were do you live, i the USSR ?

btw: i use my all germanium ´69 bench power supply at the moment, testing all silicon DACs. Sound good.

- You can easy reproduce your own speaker if you change plastic cone with paper. Today on the market we have plenty of good loudspeakers (even with paper cones).

this will not help me much with the germanium issue. Also there is a lot not new in the USA but still a big messy ********, same anywere else...

I can´t change any plastic cone against paper as i have no plastic cone speakers and don´t want any other than mine: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/p...B,00.html?compName=PNA_ProductDetailComponent

The main points in the cone material will be g/cm^3 and E N/mm^2
and plastic will not be rally of any advantage, so why should i bother?

germanium, resonant signature, advantages, please.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.