Yamaha RX-497 No main power?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm very sorry, I make the mistake for the above connection. I take the AC input is not correct, the Fuse side should be the AC output and control by the power relay, so that in this case there is no AC output form the Fuse.

I make the correct connection diagram again.

Please also remove C254 for safe and connect the diodes like the diagram.

Very sorry for this.

Attachments

• yamaha rx-497.jpg
    yamaha rx-497.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I'm very sorry, I make the mistake for the above connection. I take the AC input is not correct, the Fuse side should be the AC output and control by the power relay, so that in this case there is AC output form the Fuse.

I make the correct connection diagram again.

Please also remove C254 for safe and connect the diodes like the diagram.

Very sorry for this.

Oh, now I see, its viewed from the solder side so I have the jumper backwards?

I first check DTC114ES are also NPN and don't know the resistors network value inside the transistor is compatible to DTC144ES or not.

This transistor is a reset control function(drive signal to ground), I think it will not cause any problem for our test if it is left in the PCB.

Last edited:
Here is the DTC transistors table, DTC144ES using 47K resistor network and DTC114ES using 10K resistor network, temporarily using DTC114ES to replace DTC144ES for rest control function will be ok, after test replace back to correct transistor.

Attachments

• yamaha rx-497 -1.jpg
    yamaha rx-497 -1.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 56
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I just got the last part I needed to get this amplifier going in the post. I ended up replacing just about every component on the board except for the small transformer? The little 2K3850 FET cost me $26.50 including postage. I could have bought 5 x 2K3850 FETs from China for $3.29 but as they say ''once bitten twice shy''. I replaced the 4013 flip flop IC as well. All this looks to me like it was caused by a shorted mylar capacitor? Anyway, I have a much better understanding of how these switches work now so it was all worth it and thanks again for your help, Patrick.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.