Toshiba 330 power amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Toshiba 330 power amp issue which I've had for about 10 years. I successfully replaced the Differential pair transistors in the amp a few years ago and its been in daily use ever since.

Recently I've started getting loud pops through my speakers. Sometimes it happens after the amp has been powered down. I've decided to stop using it until I can do a proper overhaul. Since I am currently unable to work due to cronavirus self isolation I have plenty of time on my hands to work on the amp.

I am guessing the amp needs a re-cap. Having never done this before I am unsure which caps need to go or which ones are likely to be causing the pops. Would it be excessive to replace all the capacitors or should I start with specific ones, if so, which ones?

Pics of the circuit board to follow.

Cheers

Odd for a capacitor problem. Hook up some junker speakers, and poke around with a pencil eraser.
You may find something. Presumably this is independent of the volume control.

Pretty sure it is, yes. I have been using the speaker A/B/off selector switch after powering down so that it can't cause damage to the speakers but I'm pretty sure if I left it on speakers A which the speakers are attached to it would still be heard with the volume turned down to 0.

I am guessing the amp needs a re-cap

Hi, these caps needed to recap which important to the amp sounding.

The input caps 10uf/35v can be replaced by 10uf/50v and the four 4.7uf/50v can be replaced a 10uf/50v(which same as the input cap change), so that you just need to buy 6pcs 10uf/50v to replace them.

For the power supply board 10000uf/50v big caps, if you never recap them before, suggest recap them this time.

The cap you need to buy, you can check that if you can buy them form one vendor.

100uf/(6.3v to 25v is ok) x2pcs
100uf/50v x1pc
10uf/50v x6pcs
10000uf/50v x2pcs

Attachments

• t7.jpg
    t7.jpg
    622 KB · Views: 957
  • t8.jpg
    t8.jpg
    615.7 KB · Views: 929
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.