Amp out grounded, power supply as output, why?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First section works fine, 100 ohm pot has very little effect, but 500 ohm affect distortion a lot, its lowest at max settings, so i may insert some resistor there, rather than changing the pot.
Vr3 works perfectly to adjust dc balance, vr1 not so much.
I like it so far.

vr1 is setting the jfets current, correct current for low distortion, vr2 may be the feeback control (gain and distortion control).

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Yes, vr1 sets the jfet current, but it affects dc on output as well
But no matter what position, adjusting remaining trimmers accordingly it has very little effect on sound
Vr2 however, controls distortion, and messes up dc balance, it has to be adjusted carefully as it has profound effect. You can go from great sound to distorted in a blink of an eye
Vr3 is master dc control and works great
In their later scheme with servo, they used smaller value trimmer flanked by bigger resistors, to allow for finer adjustment
Right now its little touchy
Vr4 sets current
This is nice sounding amp, i am still using it withjust a test speakers, but i decided to finish it to the box with final power supply. Right now its powered using test power supplies through variac
One thing i changed, that grounded output. It presented no advantage in my case
Cheers

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
some pics of the birds nest

Attachments

• evolve1.jpg
    evolve1.jpg
    629.9 KB · Views: 141
  • evolve2.jpg
    evolve2.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 142
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.