Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Fixing and troubleshooting this MOSFET amplifier
Fixing and troubleshooting this MOSFET amplifier
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th December 2019, 12:37 AM   #121
obiwankenobi is offline obiwankenobi  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Rick, we need your mouth speaking good ideas and opinions as you always do.

About the upside down transistor, this brought some passionate ideas interchange in that thread. Incredibly, the original Goldmund in that particular model has this transistor connected that way. I recall that some experts said at that time that this should work well no matter how weird it looks. When I assembled the PCB's I bought for this model, I inverted the transistor as I have seen it so many times in the Wilson mirrors. But here I uploaded the original schematic "as is"

This next week I will order the elements needed for the mods. The fixed amplifier will be tested a while and then returned to his owner. For the purpose of the modified schematic amp experiments, I suggest moving to a new thread just to be consistent with the title of this current thread. I will let you know when this happens.
Old 19th December 2019, 05:53 PM   #122
diyAudio Member

Hello aparatusonitus and Rick !
I would like to open a new thread to build the new amplifier.
Do I count with you guys ?
Old 19th December 2019, 08:34 PM   #123
aparatusonitus is offline aparatusonitus  Croatia
diyAudio Member

I'm afraid I won't be too helpful ... my father will have surgery very soon (hopefully next Monday). If all goes well I will have to take care of his recovery from surgery, which will certainly not be easy given his age (82) and general health.

But I'll have my eye on your thread and chime-in when I have something to say.
Old 19th December 2019, 08:46 PM   #124
diyAudio Member

Dear aparatusonitus, blessings for your dad, everything will be OK, God will of course take good care of his health. Let us know the advances. I will open a new thread and will publish the link right here so you can check as it becomes possible to you.

I will honour the fact that these mods are yours. Please take care and my respects for your dad with my best wishes.
Old 19th December 2019, 10:03 PM   #125
Rick PA Stadel is offline Rick PA Stadel  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm still available for additional fun

Have to confess, though, my lack of expertise with LT Spice has (so far) confounded my study of the Exicon's stability and bias issues, and the possible magic of the flipped T5. Still pounding away, though.

We'll send a prayer or two for your dad's successful surgery and recovery, aparatusonitus.

Best Regards

Fixing and troubleshooting this MOSFET amplifierHide this!Advertise here!