Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Sony Receiver power transistor question
Sony Receiver power transistor question
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th November 2019, 09:19 PM   #11
jeepers59 is offline jeepers59
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
Digikey
Hi jaycee, I ordered these transistors from digikey but one of them is now backordered and they are telling 6 months. But they are going to look into it further. do you have any other supplier recommendations in the states? thanks!

i think i would rather stick with Sanken, but are motorola transistors ok to use? there is an electronics store close by that cross referenced to motorola but they are like $12 each.

Thanks a lot,
mark
Old 16th November 2019, 12:56 AM   #12
wg_ski is offline wg_ski  United States
diyAudio Member

Motorola would be On Semi, unless it were old stock. But they don’t make anything remotely close to Sanken darlingtons. TIPs don’t count, and they don’t make darlington versions of the 3281 family. If you don’t want to wait on the long lead time, you might consider a pair of the next size up in voltage/current/power from the Sanken line.
Old 16th November 2019, 03:11 PM   #13
jeepers59 is offline jeepers59
diyAudio Member

Newark electronics has these part numbers in Allegro Sanken is that the same as Sanken?

is Newark electronics a good supplier ?

thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 01:30 AM   #14
PRR is offline PRR  United States
diyAudio Member

Newark is and always was a good supplier.

In the US, Sanken is distributed by Allegro and the link on Allegro sends you direct to Sanken's site.

I do not know if the suggested replacements are exact equivalents. However Sanken has made a lot of audio power transistors and getting them from Allied is a hundred times safer than eBay.

Sony Receiver power transistor questionHide this!Advertise here!