Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

how bad is a 4 way active miniDSP with 4 different amplifer
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th October 2019, 04:15 PM   #31
cumbb is offline cumbb
diyAudio Member

I am sure gadut will understand;-)
Old 11th October 2019, 02:27 PM   #32
gadut is offline gadut  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

@cumbb & billshuv

calm guys, this hobby is for fun. type of capacitor/resistor/transistor, cables, connectors, tin type etc were listed on my journey years ago when i started to get serious in diyaudio. but now things get different, i don't think of small parts but more to overall overview.

I had tried different combinations of fullrange, now it's time for multiway but i'm not interested on passive crossover.

btw i have finished but untested LXmini kit, this was supposed to be contender to 2x4HD but 2 way OB will be pending. i find this 4 ways much interesting and more challenging, it will increase my knowledge and experience
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20191010_202758.jpg (367.8 KB, 26 views)
Old 11th October 2019, 02:53 PM   #33
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadut View Post

I had tried different combinations of fullrange, now it's time for multiway but i'm not interested on passive crossover.
Same for me !... we are travelling similar roads.

I have recently decided on the approach to my 4-way speaker including choice of the drivers and more or less the cabinet. And I've picked out the amplifier choice (which I will design a new multi-channel dedicated PCB for, it will be my first update to my TGM8 amplifier). It's exciting to be moving on, to explore a new area of this hobby (active multi-way) that I had purposely avoided for at least a decade. I've yet to decide on the exact miniDSP solution.

For some unfortunate reason, I seem to do my speaker projects in the winter months. This means wood-working in a garage when it's snow outside. For this project I may invest in some form of insulation for the garage door and a source of heat. It will be my Autumn project to sort out a place to do the work.

I'm glad to have a fellow DIY'er on a similar path - I will follow along your project.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.

how bad is a 4 way active miniDSP with 4 different ampliferHide this!Advertise here!