B&O Beocenter 9300 help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have a "new to me", B&O 9300 receiver. Pre-purchase everything was fine, the doors need new belts, but it plays CD, tape and radio through headphones. Last night i was using it with headphones, no speaker or Powerlink connected. After about 35 minutes it went into "protection mode". It would switch of and then back on, then back off again. After a while of being unplugged it behaved normally for a few minutes, then the protection came on again.

There is nothing in the user manual indicating that using it with only headphones is not allowed. I presume that the protection is being engaged due to a thermal issue (?) as letting is sit allowed it to power up normally. I will do some trouble shooting on it tonight to try to localize the problem to one board, and presumably it will need re-capping.

Does anyone have an e-copy of the service manual they can share? The 8500/9500 is not the same beast.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Hi,

Thanks for the manuals 405man.

I have been observing the unit, and i believe after it shuts off it is failing to enter standby mode (Standby indicated by a "." in the upper right display.) When plugged in from cold, there is the sound of a relay latching, door motors spinning and then the "." shows up on the display. That is the same series of events that happens after shut down. Relay click > "." appears and door motors spin > shuts down. Repeat.

To answer a few questions: Heatsinks not noticeably hot, warmer than ambient, but not by a lot.

I connected speakers to it, and it plays from cold, then after 15-20 minutes shuts off.

It sat overnight on standby without a problem. This morning it played a CD through speakers for 15 minutes before shutting off.

Ill start poking at the power supply, but wonder if the stand-by circuit is failing. There is a 3300uF alu electrolytic cap there, that may be failing?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.