Another silly question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Why would an audio amplifier need a USB charging point? I can understand that some might want a USB audio interface, but what is the use of a charging point when most people have loads of these in their house already? Why not add a clock, and a calendar, and a small TV screen too?

Yes audio interface would be nice, but I was thinking of just the ability of charging one's phone or tablet while they were listening to it. Just a convenience. One could include a Raspberry Pi or Aurdino for the clock, calendar, and tuner too if those things are important.

FWIW I carry a tablet around when I do boring repetitive work such as drilling PCBs, winding transformers, Tolexing cabinets, painting or punching chassis and myriad other boring but necessary tasks, and since internal speaker output is mosquito buzz quality and level, I also carry a small powered cabinet with it.
Sometimes I use my phone as a "read aloud" player.
Your phone´s battery may very well last 1 week ... in standby/listening mode that is, but continuously ON screen devours batteries.
I added a USB charger to my powered monitor, to keep tablet or phone toppled all the time.

My point being: I can personally vouch for at least *one* person using an USB charger embedded in an amplifier power supply :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.