Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Simple 24 bit hifi A/D conversion, to TOSLINK
Simple 24 bit hifi A/D conversion, to TOSLINK
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th September 2019, 05:15 PM   #11
rsavas is offline rsavas  Canada
diyAudio Member

Good call, good ideas folks,
I see the PCM4222EVM comes with pcb fab data too, I will load it up and look at it, not sure if jlcpcb will be able to read it, might need some file extension re-naming, so you could save by ordering your own & soldering one up yourself. Brush up or work on your smt soldering skills
I would do the RIAA on a separate pcb, $2 pcb = real cheap.
Op did not say MM or MC, if MM, lots of options, I like the Bob Cordel LSK489 app nogte using the LM4562, if you want to go cheaper use a 2sk209 and put down a dual footprint for jfet options, lots of stuff to do and try if you are into LP's
Old 9th September 2019, 06:54 PM   #12
mtolesen is offline mtolesen
diyAudio Member

Hello Gents,

You guys are stars, thank you so much for all ypur inputs for my little project.

Jaycee, i will try to make a schmatic with the cs5352 adc and the cs8406, after your description.
When i have done it, would you mind if i send it to you for recomendation and comments?

Best regards
Martin
Old 9th September 2019, 07:33 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Hello Gents,

You guys are stars, thank you so much for all ypur inputs for my little project.

Jaycee, i will try to make a schmatic with the cs5352 adc and the cs8406, after your description.
When i have done it, would you mind if i send it to you for recomendation and comments?

Best regards
Martin
Old 10th September 2019, 07:03 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I get more hooked on the PCM2902 solution, it looks like a nice easy one-chip solution, but......what version can i use?
There are PCM2902, PCM2902B, PCM2902E.......the PCM2902E seems to me easy to get, but i has a USB interface, and will it run without connection to a computer via USB, as a stand alone?
Also.....what about the three control inputs for volum up, down mute.....should they be tied to gan or vcc if a de not vant to use them?
Basically i just want a stanalone ADC to TOsLink solution that do not need any external controls.
Old 11th September 2019, 10:24 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Anyone knows if i can use a PCM2902 as standalone AD converter from line in analouge signal, to output optical TOSLINK dogital connection, without using the USB port, and hardwiring of the volume up, down, mute?.......and if i can use the latest version pcm2902E?
Old 11th September 2019, 03:22 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

The PCM2902 employs both S/PDIF input and output. Isochronous-out data from the host is encoded to the S/PDIF output and the DAC analog output. Input data is selected as either S/PDIF or ADC analog input. When the device detects an S/PDIF input and successfully locks the received data, the isochronous-in transfer data source is automatically selected from S/PDIF itself; otherwise, the data source is selected to ADC analog input.
Old 11th September 2019, 04:56 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Thanks rsavas,

Sorry to ask again, but can the pcm2902 act as stand alone without using the USB, i simply wany to use it very simple......ADC analouge input, converted to S/PDIF output that i can convert to optical TOSLINK and feed into my digital optical input on my Cambridge Audio 851N streamer?
Old 11th September 2019, 05:38 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

No, it will not operate as a stand alone ADC to SPDIF converter.
Old 11th September 2019, 05:54 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Ok, thanks.
Any suggestion for a simple stand alone ADC to SPDIF converter solution?
Old 13th September 2019, 06:59 PM   #20
Kay is offline Kay  Germany
diyAudio Member

PCM1808 105dB SNR Audio Stereo ADC Single Ended Analog Eingang Decoder 24bit Verstarker Bord Player Modul-in Integrierte Schaltkreise aus Elektronische Bauelemente und Systeme bei Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Gruppe

but you need to add a IS toSPDIF/TOSLINK

Simple 24 bit hifi A/D conversion, to TOSLINKHide this!Advertise here!