Parasound HCA-1200 Series 1 advice needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greeting, A Series 1 HCA-1200 has come up locally for sale. I've been unable to locate the service data or pretty much any data. Other than what is here on DIY which definitely helps. Oddly model is not listed under the discontinued listing at the Parasound site. I did find some data on the Series II but I'm unsure what the difference is between the two. So is this a good choice for driving a pair of subs? I would think that with a bipolar output, fairly high damping, and a high current capacity that it just might be ideal. And even worth the effort to restore if needed. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
DD

Hi Mr Curl and thanks for the reply. I suspect being a early model that the housekeeping circuitry is minimal. At least compared to the later designs. I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row prior to going to check it out. It does power up and the relay pulls in so at least the offsets can't be far off center. I've had a few different Parasound pres and amps through the years and liked them all. If this 1200 turns out to be unmolested I think I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again,
DD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.