Is this amp specs worth of making PCB?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to all,

just basic question:
Is this amp specs worth of making PCB or it will be just wasted time? :confused:

- SNR 110 DB
- freq. response 20 Hz to 20kHz +- 0.5db
- chanel separation at 1kHz 65dB
- 1 channel 80W at 6ohm speaker, dynamic power 117W
- based on SanKen
- band width 10 Hz to 40 kHz
- THD 0.008%

Thanks for your opinion! :worship:

Milan

Nothing special, LPT (long tailed pair) input without CCS(constant current source), a VAS (voltage amp stage) without CCS, one output transistor pair. No speaker DC protection. Input RF elimination not shown.
80 w is a little optimistic from one output pair. If the rail voltages are high enough you can get amazing tenth second "dynamic wattages" at the risk of some heating when sitting around idle.
I'd say buy a honey badger kit board (plus optional genuine parts) from the diyaudio store up top in the blue band. The writeup on that is where i learned the names of the circuit features. Or buy a leach, NAD, or parasound clone PCB from *****. More economical, I got a whole blown up PV-4c amp with 130 w/ch (24 hour rating) (2 pairs OT) for $25 on ebay and put $80 parts in it. Output transistors, rail caps, input caps, more heatsink. It had the case, fan, heatsinks, protection circuit, all that expensive stuff. Alternatively check a local repair shop, class AB amps with a transformer are obsolete on the bar band market because they are heavy.

Last edited:
Well, complete scheme is here, so I want to build it up with quality thick pcb, best audio caps, etc. I have 2 of AX10 and I like them :judge:

But I think building up the mainboard should improve everything. It looks to me as nice relax too. And honestly, I am tired of researching the right latest, updated, perfect scheme. And Yamaha has really nice sound.

Because I know I'm dummy with schemes (not able to find mistake in scheme), I always need to be sure that desired scheme has no issues. All what I want is simple excellent audio amp with max 100W per channel (min 60w p./ch.).

Scheme - Service manual

Will you be building it with the original transistors shown in the design? If not, then you are building a completely different amplifier. Unless you REALLY want to have a go at designing your own layout, I would say go for something already well done here, such as the Symasym or one of ostripper's amps

Will you be building it with the original transistors shown in the design? If not, then you are building a completely different amplifier. Unless you REALLY want to have a go at designing your own layout, I would say go for something already well done here, such as the Symasym or one of ostripper's amps

Hmm. I will give a try for symasym. I will hear if it is that impressive. I have lots of audio grade caps so it will be better to use them before they get thick dust layer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.