Replacing the STK461 in the AKAI AM-U11 amplifier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello.
My name is Dmitry, I live in Ukraine.
I like your forum, a lot of interesting and informative.
I have an AKAI AM-U11 amplifier in repair in which the STK461 chip burned.
Tell the circuit amplifier transistor or microcircuit as a replacement for STK461.
Power supply in the amplifier + - 26 volts.
With best regards, Dmitry.

Attachments

• Akai AM-U110.pdf
    132.3 KB · Views: 141
The STK is a stereo chip.
I was an Akai service centre back in 1998 and they were obsolete then.
Do not be tempted to use Fleabay for a purchase as they will be non genuine.
There is a + and - 30volt supply available which would fit a pair of TDA7293 chips.

I have had good results from this seller; 100W High Power TDA7293 Digital Audio Amplifier AMP Board Mono Single Chan YJ | eBay
And they are straight forward to wire in.

Thank you for your attention to my problem and answers.
If you use 2xTDA7293 I do not have enough power transformer power.
STK461 is 2x20 watts, hence the power transformer of the amplifier (with a margin) will be 60 watts.
The LM and TDA microcircuits have maximum power + - 22 Volts, which is also not very suitable.

STK461 is 2x20 watts, hence the power transformer of the amplifier (with a margin) will be 60 watts.
The LM and TDA microcircuits have maximum power + - 22 Volts, which is also not very suitable.
Just because you have a power device good for 80Watts, if run at full voltage, doesn't mean you must use full power.
With the supply voltage you have, it will self regulate and give a useful volume, power wise.

do not trust this data sheet, I mounted the 7293 and 7294 often has more than 35vd without problem.

your akai amp made me jump in the past and I remembered a very good amp of the same era and the same kind
that the akai, but an amp that is repairable and is really well built is the JVC AX1 and AX2.
it is in the same price as the akai, but it is really a floor above.

Hello.
I have such a ready amplifier on the STK433-070 microcircuit. I plan to install it in AKAI.
My question is the following, with a supply voltage of + - 26 volts, what kind of load can be connected 4 Ohm, 6 Ohm?
Thank.

Attachments

• IMG_20190613_092849.jpg
    IMG_20190613_092849.jpg
    870.8 KB · Views: 113
  • STK433-070E_SAN.pdf
    815.2 KB · Views: 50
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.