DIY Class-A 2SK1058 MOSFET Amplifier Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hifisucks,

I am inclined to believe that everything is OK with your amp and the problem is that you don't understand the circuit you are using. With 24VDC it is perfectly OK to have 11VDC (around one half of supply voltage) on the amp side of output cap. The loudspeaker cone movement at turn on is also OK for most amps, not only single supply kind.

If you are "dazed and confused" (like Led Zeppelin once was) play your amp on some cheap speaker for test.

It's easy to conclude if your K1058 is original. Only lateral MosFETs like K1058 have GSD pinout. See the pic in the original project.

Yes, I didnt understand the curcuit ... but I knew how to set Bias for each channel...
One guy on the analog-forum here in germany said to controll the offset output...
And I didnt think right... so I just stuck the meters in + and - without load... :)
Not thinking about the curcuit... :)
I have original Hitachi 2SK1058... :)
All the best!

You could reduce the "turn on thump" by using a smaller output cap. 4700u seems excessive, to me, for an 8 ohm load. Try 1000u or even 470u. The downside is that this option may hurt bass response some.

Now I read this thread again and finally put in 4 x 100uF 63V on each side instead of the 4700uF...
It works very good! And sound also better! I always wanted less bass... :)
But its not really less... its tighter and not so bold... :)
Thankyou very much again!
All the best!
Christoph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.