b500 problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi friends i try make b500 from apex. i get alot of problems this amp steal my 3weekends i know its easy but i dont know why i still get problems. i finally make it work. but after 2 3 times close and open, one resistor get flame and burnd. when i check it i see my 5200 transistors get short too and fuse blow.

the resistor is R21 on schematic. 100R.

any idea why it can happen? it was working really nice and not getting hot

Attachments

• APEX B500 SCH (1).jpg
    APEX B500 SCH (1).jpg
    438.6 KB · Views: 264
  • APEXaudio B500 Component apexden.jpg
    APEXaudio B500 Component apexden.jpg
    549.7 KB · Views: 263
ty friends.

i get another problem again :(

positive side zener 2v. negative side is 15v. and at signal output have 67vdc :( any advice?

i change 4k7 5w resistor and the 10uf 100v capacitor but still same. now i am changing 100n my board turn to a trash cause of the repair :(

ty friends.

i get another problem again :(

positive side zener 2v. negative side is 15v. and at signal output have 67vdc :( any advice?

i change 4k7 5w resistor and the 10uf 100v capacitor but still same. now i am changing 100n my board turn to a trash cause of the repair :(

Not much point changing random components.
You need to get your meter out and start measuring components for shorts.

I have looked at the circuit for a good few minutes now and I cant see how it works, or at least not the op amp part.

With the input shorted the op amp rails will both be zero volts ! which means it is off.
If the input goes positive then the upper rail rises and turns on the next transistors along and driving the output stage positive.
If the input goes negative then the lower rail goes more negative and turns on the next transistor along and driving output stage negative.

hi friends i try make b500 from apex. i get alot of problems this amp steal my 3weekends i know its easy but i dont know why i still get problems. i finally make it work. but after 2 3 times close and open, one resistor get flame and burnd. when i check it i see my 5200 transistors get short too and fuse blow.

the resistor is R21 on schematic. 100R.

any idea why it can happen? it was working really nice and not getting hot

look pics transistor needs capacitor otherwise oscillation and amp selfdestruction

other pic professional amp very stable under heavy load

Attachments

• APEX B500 SCH (1).jpg
    APEX B500 SCH (1).jpg
    521.1 KB · Views: 100
  • amp.jpg
    amp.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 104
600 - 1000 PF

about 500 - 600 PF and 1 uf for VBE

ty for your time and helping. i did write on my notes,

i use hammer and crash all 3 channels cause all people saying we did make it this amp. its not possible theirs working but my 3 channels not working. 1 channel qork abouth 1 hour and then it burn with flames.

some thing they change on circuit but they dont saying. this is only thing i can explane it. again thank you for answer have a nice day.

ty for your time and helping. i did write on my notes,

i use hammer and crash all 3 channels cause all people saying we did make it this amp. its not possible theirs working but my 3 channels not working. 1 channel qork abouth 1 hour and then it burn with flames.

some thing they change on circuit but they dont saying. this is only thing i can explane it. again thank you for answer have a nice day.

yes, thats true

class D same problem

are you sure no have fAKE devices in curcuit ?

Once you get it working again check the output for oscillation.
Oscillation kills output transistors.
As mentioned earlier the VAs needs feedback capacitors to slow it down.
I tend to use 100-220pf with good results.

Yes, but better for safe stable working use 1000 - 1200 PF and 500 - 700 in VBE

was working 12 years in Club, other pic schematic subbass amps in club, never had problem with heavy overloading.

Not burn, not smoke, not fail

Richard Sondermayer was the engineer, he did know what he do

later he was Peavys chief engineer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.