Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Easy-MOS is a simplistic, efficient and evolutive all-MOS amplifier for beginners
Easy-MOS is a simplistic, efficient and evolutive all-MOS amplifier for beginners
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st May 2019, 06:26 AM   #51
danielwritesbac is offline danielwritesbac  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvee View Post
...avoid injecting ripple into the speaker...A hybrid solution is not going to work very well, and will require extra complication, or a super-clean supply, none of which is desirable.
Item #1, ripple: At post#36, member anti suggested a 36v smps. This hits the center of the application range (better than I did). So, I have transmitted a 5a 36vdc smps to your location via a combination of, possibly sea turtles and horses. Well, the shipping was free and some of it might not involve petrol.
Ripple? Damn the torpedos! Full speed ahead!

Item#2: As for the audiophile job to get done, it has costs. Right-on that it is necessary that costs for large signal shouldn't be done at small signal locale. Excellent! Also, I was thinking that some odd 220u shunt cap at small-signal/amplification locale after a resistor/transistor/diode series element?
Old 31st May 2019, 12:57 PM   #52
anti is offline anti  Slovakia
diyAudio Member

With a 36V supply, and an amp that has good output swing, you can expect around 30W@4R, 20W@6R and 15W@8R rms output.
Old 31st May 2019, 07:32 PM   #53
Elvee is offline Elvee  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielwritesbac View Post
So, I have transmitted a 5a 36vdc smps to your location via a combination of, possibly sea turtles and horses. Well, the shipping was free and some of it might not involve petrol.
Ripple? Damn the torpedos! Full speed ahead!
That's very kind of you Daniel, but really you should have asked before sending anything: I already have all the good quality test-supplies required for any situation, and in addition, I do not even need to make a physical test to know that it is going to work; in fact, even a sim is superfluous in this case.
It will work no matter, and the result will depend only on the supply's quality.
Thanks anyway, and it will be an opportunity to test the quality of a commonly available supply.

Quote:
Item#2: As for the audiophile job to get done, it has costs. Right-on that it is necessary that costs for large signal shouldn't be done at small signal locale. Excellent! Also, I was thinking that some odd 220u shunt cap at small-signal/amplification locale after a resistor/transistor/diode series element?
Most really good, performing solutions do not require a large investment money-wise, just good principles and practices.
Some do however, and one should be able to recognize when penny-pinching is not an option.

Could you provide a sketch of your shunt cap idea?
I am not quite able to visualize it
Old 1st June 2019, 07:41 PM   #54
diyAudio Member

Oh, I had sent the supply because it is similar to what runs the working auto-center-power examples; and, also generally likely to be utilized. It was barely lunch-price and the real output is much better representation than virtualized media (photos, words). Caveat of a high efficiency production SMPS is that the filtering tends to catch some large signal audio too. . . or similar problem that I could not describe.

and,

Small signal power on the Honey Badger has the cap. In that case, resistor vs cap. I think it is there so that small signal doesn't get a rough ride when the big amp pushes a hundred watts to a speaker. Also, if a zener is added parallel to the cap, there's minimal parts count stabilized front end power. diyAB Amp The "Honey Badger" build thread R32, C11. Looks simple, except that I don't know best spot to install it.
Old 2nd June 2019, 04:10 PM   #55
diyAudio Member

R12 and C8 play a similar role in the EZmos
Old 12th June 2019, 06:16 AM   #56
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gannaji View Post
Can this circuit be upgraded to +50 Volts operation ?
Power ever increasing incrementally till infinity, or some form of overage management such as auto-center, baker clamps, etc? Well, ever increasing power is sure to result in impractical output; so, we need to have a closer look at overage management, carefully bearing in mind that the alternative has much worse costs.
Old 12th June 2019, 05:00 PM   #57
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gannaji View Post
Can this circuit be upgraded to +50 Volts operation ?
Yes, if you need a higher output power and/or a higher load impedance.

If you use suitably rated capacitors and semi's, no problem at all.

With the latest version (with the additional input transistor), it is the only thing you need to keep an eye on.

Easy-MOS is a simplistic, efficient and evolutive all-MOS amplifier for beginnersHide this!Advertise here!